cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay payment issue, what should I expect from them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay payment issue, what should I expect from them?

I have an Apple Barclays. I had it set up on monthly payments of $300. October was set to post on the 10th (Saturday). I logged in on the 7th (Wednesday) and cancelled the payment as I wanted to use another checking account to make this month's payment. I got confirmation page, then scheduled my other payment from the other checking account on the 7th. Got confirmation as well as an email stating payment posted. 

I get an email today that my payment from 10/10 posted. The one I cancelled and got confirmation on. 

I had transferred funds into my savings after the 7th payment posted and I got the confirmation of the repeat cancellation. So, now Barclay is showing a $300 greater available balance than I have - they processed the payment (which will come back to them as I had transferred funds into savings). I sent them a message asking what happened, my account even now shows the recurring payment was cancelled.

I've heard horror stories about Barclay cancelling accounts - I have always paid on time and always a much larger than minimum due, though not always paying off the balance. Now I'm facing a returned payment....are they going to cancel? Seriously sucks as I had the funds, just transferred them into a savings account as I got confirmation on the repeat payment being cancelled.

Ugh, seriously stressed, I want to pull this month for a mortgage and now I'm freaking out they will cancel or something. What should I expect?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay payment issue, what should I expect from them?

Call them, ask to be transferred to US.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.