Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay product change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay product change?

Does Barclay do product change? If so, how long do I ask after opening (in my case, Barclay Rewards MC) and to what?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay product change?

Barclays usually will work with you on a card like that if you have demonstrated excellent payment history with them and your TU score is ok. 

I think its best to wait at least 6 months before asking them to product change your card. Your TU score looks a bit low, but you could call the number on the back of the card and ask them if there are any offers to PC your card to a different card. They might say you can PC to non-annual fee Arrival MasterCard, but not sure. The worst they can say is no, we can't do it right now. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to be careful product change often is a hard pull I got two hp because I got denied a card due to too much credit with them already, so asked for PC, and they gave me another hard pull for no outcome or reward. Cited too many new accounts.
Message 3 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

Interesting, I didnt know barclays did a hard pull for a product change? you may as well just apply for a new card, but I wouldnt do it until you raise your TU. 

Message 4 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

well if this is the case i wonder would they change my Apple card to the Ring without me apping? That would be Awesome. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

well if this is the case i wonder would they change my Apple card to the Ring without me apping? That would be Awesome. Smiley Very Happy

I would wager, 99%, no.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for an Arrival + WEMC and it was declined. I called to recon, but still denied. While on the phone I asked if I could PC any of my other 3 products......negatory. The closest I could get was the "possibility" of PC from my NFL EP Visa to the AA Aviator, but was told they wanted another HP to consider it. I passed.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.