Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay recon and ring or rewards - last post

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay recon and ring or rewards - last post

@Skye12329 wrote:

Hi so this might be in the wrong forum im not sure since it could fit in this one?

So my BF and i are going to be looking at homes and possibly getting one in april or june of 2015. Currently we are wondering will his credit report matter too? Like should we help it by adding a CC? Currently he is only a AU on like 3 of my cards so im not sure if a bank takes that into factor when applying for a mortgage. There is 1 problem he has identity theft due to Wells Fargo Smiley Sad and are almost done battling it. It shows 1 collection i believe is the only 1 left on his TU report not sure about the others. Thing is, we have tried disputing it since its not his and TU says it cant be deleted yet. So heres my question should we try to get him a CC to help his report for the home search? We are thinking about Barclays because i know they are a bit easier and can be reconned. So what do you think? Here is his stats to the best of my knowledge:

Util - less than 5%

AAOA - Give or take a little bit i think its at least 4 yrs.

100% payments (he has student loans which are paid on time and my cc's)

1 baddie (which isnt his, shows on his TU not sure about EQ or EX those might show 3 unless got removed because those werent his either)

income like 40k

CS - ?

Hes only AU on my Freedom + CSP + QS which are reporting. 

Am i missing anything?

what are his scores?

Message 11 of 13
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Not sure but i looked at his report and we are going to wait till 2/2015 because all of those collections which arent his fall off Smiley Happy Of which thats coming up fast. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the personal experience, me and a few of my friends were approved for $1,500+ credit limits on the Barclays Apple Financing card with very little credit, and I quickly got a CLI to $3,000 on the card. Once I had a $0 balance it was useless, and I ended up applying for their Ring card but was denied. I called them and asked them if they'd take $2,000 from my current card and use it to open a Ring, and they did so.

If you can find the easiest card to get approved for, you can likely do what I did and split your limit to get a second card with them, as I've read about other people doing what I did in order to get into the Ring.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.