Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay reconsideration line?

tag
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Barclay reconsideration line?

I app'd for a Barclaycard Ring Rewards but got the standard:

Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.

I already have a Barclaycard Reward Mastercard with 0% for 24 months, which i used to purchase a new mac. I figured i'd use the Ring Rewards for every day shopping. From the short time on this forum, i've learned to recon every denial. Does anyone have a recent recon number for me please? When's the best time to call?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay reconsideration line?

Nevermind. You can close the thread lol. I got aprroved for 1.5k. The rep barraged me with a bunch of questions about my new accounts, what i'm going to do with the Ring Mastercard, where i work, what i do for a living and so on...

Actually, i just got a call back from the same rep and she told me that she's sorry. It was a mistake. She basically reversed the decision. Too many opened credit lines in a short amount of time. Should i wait and call again?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 2 of 5
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

wow so she approved you and then called you back to tell you you were denied.  Crazy!  I would call back talk to someone else without mentioning that fact, you lose nothing

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 3 of 5
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Jess21 wrote:

wow so she approved you and then called you back to tell you you were denied.  Crazy!  I would call back talk to someone else without mentioning that fact, you lose nothing

Yup. She even left notes on my account because i called again and the next rep told me that notes were left on my account with reasons for the decline. The rep says they want to see more "use" in my new accounts first before they can approve my application. But he then said "i see you make your payments and use your credit responsibly, but we feel that we've already extended you enough credit on your rewards card and we'll like to wait and see how you handle your new accounts first".  

I really wanted to Ring Mastercard. 8% APR is insane! I tend to carry small balances on my cards and util about 10% of the limit. I will apply for it again in December lol. If i get the RIng, i'll stop apping for a really long time.

Message 4 of 5
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

...The rep says they want to see more "use" in my new accounts first before they can approve my application. But he then said "i see you make your payments and use your credit responsibly, but we feel that we've already extended you enough credit on your rewards card and we'll like to wait and see how you handle your new accounts first".  

Those were the same words they gave me for my last 3 apps, Sallie Mae, Hawaiian and arrival+, all were declined. Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.