Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay ring sp cli?

tag
jaeproc
Contributor

Barclay ring sp cli?

Hey i was wondering has anyone with the ring card been able to get a cli via sp?  I hate this crappy 2k limit, but love everything else about the card.  In addition, ive had this card for 3 months! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay ring sp cli?

Doubtful. Although anything can be YEMV, Barclay's wouldn't really consider your card eligible for an auto CLI even at this point. Also, the majority of any Barclay's CLI requests are typically HP not SP. Only you can decide whether that's worth it.
Message 2 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jaeproc wrote:

Hey i was wondering has anyone with the ring card been able to get a cli via sp?  I hate this crappy 2k limit, but love everything else about the card.  In addition, ive had this card for 3 months! 

Every barclays CLI is a HP (except auto CLIs) How much are you running through the card? 

Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

jsucool76, not every Barclay's CLI requests are HP. I've received a couple CLI's via SP in the past for my Travelocity and US Airways cards, granted I've had them for quite a while and put moderate spend on them. Therefore, your statement is not an absolute.
Message 4 of 9
jaeproc
Contributor

Hey thanks for the reply!   Im running about 900 a month on the card.

Message 5 of 9
jaeproc
Contributor

Thanks fin!  Definetely not worth a hard pull.  My next hard pull will be in march 2015 hopefully lol.

Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, it might be a bit too early for them to consider you for a CLI as you don't really have a solid history with them yet. However, if you want to test the waters and burn a HP go for it.
Message 7 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

In my opinion wait until your chance for auto CLI at the 6 month mark.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 9
jaeproc
Contributor

Yea im gonna wait thanks cold!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.