Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay's AA

@taxi818 wrote:
He wrote the check out to himself. And they cashed it. Then he paid everything down. Maybe that is key. He should have just did normal bt. Inputting credit card info and let them bt. His usage is only 25%. So no reason for AA. No new apps in a year either. Me on the other hand. I have 30% usage. Tons of apps. (12 ) in the last year. 3 in the last 9 months. Or since last month. No a word from them. Smiley Happy

Dont think that makes a difference.  I've written two to myself w/o issues.  That's why they send the checks.

Message 31 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
He wrote the check out to himself. And they cashed it. Then he paid everything down. Maybe that is key. He should have just did normal bt. Inputting credit card info and let them bt. His usage is only 25%. So no reason for AA. No new apps in a year either. Me on the other hand. I have 30% usage. Tons of apps. (12 ) in the last year. 3 in the last 9 months. Or since last month. No a word from them. Smiley Happy

Dont think that makes a difference.  I've written two to myself w/o issues.  That's why they send the checks.

Hmm. I've never had any issues yet doing BTs with Barclay, but I've never used the checks either. Maybe it's a combination of factors that causes the AA after a BT. Like lack of use, or low use for a long time, and then all the sudden a large BT? I don't know. I know there have been quite a few people that experienced AA shortly after doing a BT with them, but I just feel there is something else causing the AA and it's not just because Barclay doesn't like BTs.

Message 32 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Hmm. I've never had any issues yet doing BTs with Barclay, but I've never used the checks either. Maybe it's a combination of factors that causes the AA after a BT. Like lack of use, or low use for a long time, and then all the sudden a large BT? I don't know. I know there have been quite a few people that experienced AA shortly after doing a BT with them, but I just feel there is something else causing the AA and it's not just because Barclay doesn't like BTs.

I'm not sure why it causes AA (if it does).  Yes, I'm sure Barclays does a review of your account but I think all these CC companies conduct reviews any time you bring attention to your account.  That could be a balance transfer, a credit limit increase request, a credit limit reallocation/combination or any other reason that you draw attention to your account.  I think that you're right about it being something else that causes the AA

Message 33 of 74
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

I'm not sure why it causes AA (if it does).  Yes, I'm sure Barclays does a review of your account but I think all these CC companies conduct reviews any time you bring attention to your account.  That could be a balance transfer, a credit limit increase request, a credit limit reallocation/combination or any other reason that you draw attention to your account.  I think that you're right about it being something else that causes the AA

In the last thread on this topic, the OP after questioning admitted to having some collections / lates on their reports. In my mind, accounts with derogatory items, even small ones, are looked at with suspicion by banks even though they get approvals. It's probably a bucket of some kind, "riskier assets" or something. AA is probably never far away in that bucket. The upshot is, you need to know what makes a healthy profile vs. a riskier one, and cultivate a healthy one. Then you can use your cards as you want to, without needing to worry. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 34 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

I agree. I'm riding one right now that I wrote to myself in September. If they're going to keep burying me in these 1% fee, 0% APR checks, I'm going to use them.

Message 35 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

I agree. I'm riding one right now that I wrote to myself in September. If they're going to keep burying me in these 1% fee, 0% APR checks, I'm going to use them.

Exactly my feeling.

Message 36 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bman70 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

In the last thread on this topic, the OP after questioning admitted to having some collections / lates on their reports. In my mind, accounts with derogatory items, even small ones, are looked at with suspicion by banks even though they get approvals. It's probably a bucket of some kind, "riskier assets" or something. AA is probably never far away in that bucket. The upshot is, you need to know what makes a healthy profile vs. a riskier one, and cultivate a healthy one. Then you can use your cards as you want to, without needing to worry. 

Well said!

Message 37 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry this happened to your brother. I wouldn't close or allow the account to be closed. I would continue with the original plan of paying down/off the balance. I would wait between 6-12 months, from CLD, and then request the CL be reinstated. Best of luck to you and your brother.

Message 38 of 74
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well I would like to know at which point I said anyone had lates or anything? Is this imaginary? No lates. No negatives. Nothing. This why there is a surprise. All scores mid 700s. Has nothing to do with anything except Barclay being jittery. Would never blame a lender for AA if anything negative was out there. But if customer is outstanding. 100% clean. Why worried ?
Message 39 of 74
elim
Senior Contributor

I've written a few of these checks for 2k each and hit the ATM for $500 on many occasions.  My account is still intact but, I wait for AA like everyone else. If they cut my limit, no prob.  I understand.

CURRENT BALANCE $0.00
STATEMENT BALANCE $0.00
AVAILABLE CREDIT $5,500.00
CREDIT LINE $5,500.00
Message 40 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.