Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Air Tran Visa

tag
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

Barclay's Air Tran Visa

Too start off I applied and received this card back in March of this year, and was denied. Called back door number and was approved for $4500 with TU score around 676. I did an balance transfer with them over the phone(csr wanted me to do it) and I transferred all my other balances to this card equaling out to $4000. My 0% promo is about to expire now. But my question  is that since ive only been making $200 a month towards balance will this look bad on my for keeping such a high utl on this card with them? I don't want them to get the impression I'm hard up for money since I haven't paid it off so fast. I would like to stay on their good side LOL. I got the balance down to $3000 but had to make unexpected trip to Chicago last month and I flew Air Tran for the rewards. Now I'm back up to 4000 again. I hope I haven't done wrong in their eyes and they do a cld on me. What is everyone's opinion?

Credit conscience!
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay's Air Tran Visa

Forgot to mention, card will be PIF next month with income taxes. Will they do cld or close the account after its paid?

Credit conscience!
Message 2 of 21
learnin113
Established Contributor

LOL, how much can they really CLD you if your limit is 4500 and you're at 4000  Smiley Very Happy

Short answer, no one reallly knows what Barclays will do.

Message 3 of 21
john398
Senior Contributor

this maybe not hear or there but isnt this card going away since Air Tran will be going away??

Message 4 of 21
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

this maybe not hear or there but isnt this card going away since Air Tran will be going away??

Airtran was aquired by Southwest.  Southwest will rebrand Airtran Southwest and Airtran will not exist by the end of next year.  My guess is they will either close The Airtran barclay's accounts or PC them to a Southwest product.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 21
john398
Senior Contributor

@CreditMuppet wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Airtran was aquired by Southwest.  Southwest will rebrand Airtran Southwest and Airtran will not exist by the end of next year.  My guess is they will either close The Airtran barclay's accounts or PC them to a Southwest product.

Which is Chase right?

Message 6 of 21
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@CreditMuppet wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Which is Chase right?

Correct.  Its possible that Chase will start to service those Barclay's accounts at some point, its really not clear how that will be handled.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i Was Thinking The Same Thing.  Airtran Is Going Away, Barclay Doesn't Issue The Southwest Card, So It Will Either Close or PC, But If It Stays Open, I Doubt Barclay Will Close  Or Decrease The Line Just Because You've Carried A Balance.

Besides If The Balance Is Zero After You PIF With Tax Refund, And Barclay Decreases The Line, Then You'll Just Have A Lower Limit Or You'll Sock Drawer It, And Move On.

Message 8 of 21
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if Barclasy's will let me PC to a different branded card they have. Maybe i should call and see what they say.

Credit conscience!
Message 9 of 21
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

When the NFL moved over to Barclay/Juniper for their credit card you were required to reapply.  Just adding my input. think that same contract expires in 4-5 years again. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.