Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Apple Financing VISA CLI

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Barclay's Apple Financing VISA CLI

So I've had the Barclay's Card now for a little over a year.  (Got the card in 05/11)  Today, I requested a CLI and got it for the requested 6K for a total CL of 10K.  Nice and thanks Barclays.  It was well worth the HP.  

Barclay's Financing VISA is truly not just an Apple Card but a great Financing VISA.  I have gotten offer after offer from Barclays to transfer balances at 0% for 12/15/18 months at a time with 0/2/3% BT fees respectively and as you can see, there are opportunities for larger CLs.  

If you stick with Barclays and are a loyal customer, they will take care of you.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay's Apple Financing VISA CLI

@improvingmycredit wrote:

So I've had the Barclay's Card now for a little over a year.  (Got the card in 05/11)  Today, I requested a CLI and got it for the requested 6K for a total CL of 10K.  Nice and thanks Barclays.  It was well worth the HP.  

Barclay's Financing VISA is truly not just an Apple Card but a great Financing VISA.  I have gotten offer after offer from Barclays to transfer balances at 0% for 12/15/18 months at a time with 0/2/3% BT fees respectively and as you can see, there are opportunities for larger CLs.  

If you stick with Barclays and are a loyal customer, they will take care of you.  Smiley Happy

That's a nice CLI from 4k to 10k. The highest CL i have heard on the Apple card.

Message 2 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

That's a nice CLI from 4k to 10k. The highest CL i have heard on the Apple card.

+1  Me too.  I thought I might be shooting myself in the foot by asking for so much (twice my current CL+), but I said what the heck... I'm already taking a HP so might as well go for a nice round number.  LOL

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

Just found out that I got an auto CLI on my Apple card for $700 so i currently stand at $4700

Message 4 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

I saw that!  Congrats!  I really do love Barclays.  The actual APR on this card is uber high but if you take advantage of the special financing offers, it's really a great deal.  I've used it for vacations and just recently a family emergency all at 0%.  It's the only card that I carry a balance on for any amount of time besides my original BT offer from Citi Diamond.  Again Congrats CS800!  

Message 5 of 17
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Nice CLI.  Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks MsLadyRover! I appreciate the kudos! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Congrats nice limits! mine started at 1k in 12/11 I got it to get a new ipad no payment for 18 mos. I was wondering if it is worth keeping with such a low limit.

Message 8 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey favor4me2! Thanks! Smiley Happy I personally love Barclays. I think this card has the potential to grow with you so and it has no AF. So I recommend keeping it if for nothing else utility. I really like the 0% offers that you start getting after showing good credit practices with them. After about 6 mo. of good usage, and if you can spare a HP, then request a credit limit increase with them. Ask for what you really want and they almost always come back with a counter offer if they can't give you what you ask. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Message 9 of 17
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

I got excited about your cli and I decided to request an increase online. Is that a hp I got the 10 day letter statement. I only had the account 6 months. I called the csr and she told me that since I requested the cli before a year they would look at it but they usually wait a year. It started out as 1k I requested a 2k cli. she also told me that it was a sp but I don't believe her.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.