Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Arrival 10 day notice

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay's Arrival 10 day notice

You never know. Always worth a shot to call the recon number.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 29
cmg15e

Any luck with the recon?  I know Barclays usually is very good with recons...

Message 12 of 29
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Definately call them! Ask if they need any additional information and if they have any updates on your request!!

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 13 of 29
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@cmg15e wrote:

Any luck with the recon?  I know Barclays usually is very good with recons...

Good news, I think. Called first thing this morning and they just wanted an update onn my income and an explaination on BK from 2007. Once I did the agent immediately approved me for $5,000. I acted disappointed and then asked if she would match or come close to my NFCU card of $20,000. She said no and that my NFCU card was only 6 months old and needed more seasoning. Anyways, she countered with $7,500 and I took it.

I then asked to clarify that I was getting the 'Arrival Plus World Elite' edition with the chip and pin. She couldn't tell me. She put me on hold and then tried to transfer me to another department and then came back and said it was auto qualified and they wouldn't know until tomorrow. Go figure! I haven't seen a congrats email or anything new on my existing Barclaycard account of yet

Thanks everyone for all your help and support and for checking in with me. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 29
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Nice work! I should have acted disappointed at the $5K, too!

I wondered the same thing with recon, whether it was the WEMC.  The emails that followed from Barclays all said Arrival+ World Elite Mastercard, and that's what arrived! Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 29
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your your recon & approval for your Barclay Arrival CC! Continue Success in The World of Credit Cards!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 16 of 29
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

I wondered the same thing with recon, whether it was the WEMC.  The emails that followed from Barclays all said Arrival+ World Elite Mastercard, and that's what arrived! Smiley Very Happy

Hey, thanks for your optimism Skigirl. I am still at this moment at a total loss as to which card I will be receiving. If it's not the 'World Elite No Better More Beautifull Credit Card on Planet Earth'... then I will be very disappointed. I already have plenty of ORDINARY cards and no need for another one. Also, I am getting a little nervous that I haven't reveive a 'Congratulations' or any other kind of welcome aboard email notice. Hmmmmmmmm! Very strange!

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 29
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Awesome! Congratulations. Smiley Happy

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 18 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Also, I am getting a little nervous that I haven't reveive a 'Congratulations' or any other kind of welcome aboard email notice. Hmmmmmmmm! Very strange!

I wouldn't worry much about it.  Typically, if you're not instantly approved, the email confirmation associated with your approval usually follows within 24-48 hours from the moment you're approved.

Message 19 of 29
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

Hey, thanks for your optimism Skigirl. I am still at this moment at a total loss as to which card I will be receiving. If it's not the 'World Elite No Better More Beautifull Credit Card on Planet Earth'... then I will be very disappointed. I already have plenty of ORDINARY cards and no need for another one. Also, I am getting a little nervous that I haven't reveive a 'Congratulations' or any other kind of welcome aboard email notice. Hmmmmmmmm! Very strange!

I got an email confirmation about having accepted paperless statements (although I hadn't done that yet?) a few hours after I got off the phone with them, and then the approval email came the next morning.  I got another email saying that my card was in the mail, and received the card that very afternoon. Speedy! 

What was interesting to me was that the card appeared on my Barclay account online with the card I already had within minutes of the recon approval.  If you already have a Barclay card, go look there.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.