Did you mean: 

Barclay's BLOWS!!!!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay's BLOWS!!!!

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Relentless wrote:

Barclays has been really good to me. They were the first company to give me a decent starting CL of 750. Up until then, I only had a 300 secured card, and a 300 limit FP card. I've called in a few times and each time they've been pleasant. I asked for a CLI and was denied, but the analyst gave me some helpful advice as far as what to do with my credit in the next 6 months to see the best results CLI wise. Plus, the rewards aren't bad. Making payments is easy, and their Android app is better than most.

I had a pretty similar experince as you did. They were my first real card and was denied my cli but they person was nice and helpful. Im only scared that they will close my card cause I added two new accounts.... But If i use my card almost everyday and pay on time everytime how could they close it?

Standard usage/activity is really no main concern.  The only time Barclays tend to take adverse action (varies by individual and in extrem cases) is whenever you decide to go a major app binge, lots of inquiries, high utilization spikes and/or any negative items show up on your CRs.

Message 71 of 77
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Relentless wrote:

Barclays has been really good to me. They were the first company to give me a decent starting CL of 750. Up until then, I only had a 300 secured card, and a 300 limit FP card. I've called in a few times and each time they've been pleasant. I asked for a CLI and was denied, but the analyst gave me some helpful advice as far as what to do with my credit in the next 6 months to see the best results CLI wise. Plus, the rewards aren't bad. Making payments is easy, and their Android app is better than most.

I had a pretty similar experince as you did. They were my first real card and was denied my cli but they person was nice and helpful. Im only scared that they will close my card cause I added two new accounts.... But If i use my card almost everyday and pay on time everytime how could they close it?

Standard usage/activity is really no main concern.  The only time Barclays tend to take adverse action (varies by individual and in extrem cases) is whenever you decide to go a major app binge, lots of inquiries, high utilization spikes and/or any negative items show up on your CRs.

ok good. im not gonna app for a year and i never use my credit cards for credit just the rewards. I never miss a paymeny so i should be good. whats the best way to get a cli with them thou??

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 72 of 77
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Relentless wrote:

ok good. im not gonna app for a year and i never use my credit cards for credit just the rewards. I never miss a paymeny so i should be good. whats the best way to get a cli with them thou??

There's really no exact formula for the auto-CLI.  Anectodal evidence from other individuals points to moderate/frequent usage, some have carried balances, and good payment history, etc.  If no auto-CLI occurs within a 6-12 month timeframe, you can request a CLI online or through a CSR but will likely be HP.

Message 73 of 77
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Relentless wrote:

There's really no exact formula for the auto-CLI.  Anectodal evidence from other individuals points to moderate/frequent usage, some have carried balances, and good payment history, etc.  If no auto-CLI occurs within a 6-12 month timeframe, you can request a CLI online or through a CSR but will likely be HP.

Ill make sure to use it a lot. Im not sure If I am gonna carry the balance I know I have the 6 months no intrest but It would be weird for me

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Message 74 of 77
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Relentless wrote:

Ill make sure to use it a lot. Im not sure If I am gonna carry the balance I know I have the 6 months no intrest but It would be weird for me

Sounds like a good plan.  Are you currently carrying a balance under any BT promotion or not?  If you're not the typical revolving type, just make sure to put quite abit of activity for sure.

Message 75 of 77
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Relentless wrote:

Sounds like a good plan.  Are you currently carrying a balance under any BT promotion or not?  If you're not the typical revolving type, just make sure to put quite abit of activity for sure.

im not I dont have almost any balance to BT lol. Should I just make my min payment then or show some sort of balance during the 6 months??? Im gonna use the card a lot and pay it down so i can reuse it with cause of the small limit

Message 76 of 77
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Relentless wrote:

im not I dont have almost any balance to BT lol. Should I just make my min payment then or show some sort of balance during the 6 months??? Im gonna use the card a lot and pay it down so i can reuse it with cause of the small limit

Use it as if it were your Debit card, IMO.  Unless, you already have another primary to-go card for main usage.  But, definitely make more than the minimum payment so it correlates with the activity.  You can play different scenarios to see what works best for you, such as maybe one month letting a good portion of the balance report and then PIF or you can also PIF before the statement cycles, etc.  You can also reference the Barclays thread (by myjourney) floating around that provides various data points that may be able to provide some guidance.

Message 77 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.