Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Bank CC?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Barclay's Bank CC?

Some posts recommended Barclay's CC. I'm not familiar with them, so I would really appreciate knowing about your experiences..

Are they relatively easy to get approved or do they have stringent standards?

My EQ FICO is about 670 and TU is about 700.. but if I pay off my low CC balances, according to the score simulator, my score will go up about 30 points or so. I'm just rebuliding my credit so I don't have a very long credit history at this point.

Do they have a good rep, or are they on the low end, like Cap One?

I took a look at their website and they seem to have a gazillion different CCs... are any easier to be approved for than others?

Thanks!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay's Bank CC?

They are a decent bank to deal with. I have their Apple Financing Visa.

Based on your scores, you would probably be approved, as they pull TU only. If you are denied, most people are able to call them for a reconsideration, and are subsequently approved. Most people are also able to call them and negotiate a higher credit limit if you are unhappy with the limit they give you.

Here is a list of the products they offer: http://www.aboutbarclaycardus.com/prodsresource_products.php. I don't think there are any differences between them in terms of credit requirements, but I'm not for sure. Most people here have a lot of luck with their Apple Visa's and The Barns and Noble Mastercard.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU was ~660 when I applied in March of 2010. I had ~40% utilization and 2 inqs.

Applied and was approved for $3,000. They have been the best card I have had, so far. Auto-CLIs every 6 months so far, up to $5,000 now with the card being 14 months old.

Message 3 of 21
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

which card is that?

amazon
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean, how can you go wrong with Bill Shatner on your CC?

Message 5 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thank you for the replies... I'm also wondering if anyone knows which CRA they use.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion, almost exclusively, from my experience and others I've read.

Message 7 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Does anyone know if they will approve with an unpaid collection from 2005?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got instant denied but called for recon and get approved in less than a minute. It must have been easiest recon EVER.

They pull TU only and I live in NY.

Message 9 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

William Shatner's great Smiley Happy ...But it looks like their different cards have different benefits or rewards, so I'm wondering if some are easier or more difficult to get approved for. I'd really hate to get an inquiry only to be declined... especially with a short cr history.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.