New Contributor
Amleigh

Barclay's Bank Credit Card (Carnival Sea Miles) - Denied...any suggestions?

[ Edited ]
I applied for a Barclays credit card on Saturday and found out today after checking the status of my application online that I was denied. I know it was automatically generated, and it stated that it evaluated me based on numerical values based on repayment history of large numbers of customers. My FICO score is 613 as of 2/24, and probably went up because I paid down a credit card to zero balance. I have one paid collection, and a late payment from March 2009 (Jared account; account current and has a zero balance now). It also said "Insufficient credit history". I just sent a letter to them using Planetfeedback.com explaining in detail the potentially negative items listed on my credit report. It had the CEO's name on the letter before I sent it, so I guess it going straight to him.  Should I send a letter to them via USPS to underwriting as well, or just wait on the response from PF? Does anyone have any other suggestions for another card that I can try that pulls TU? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Message Edited by Amleigh on 03-08-2010 12:00 PM

Starting Score: 467 EQ 522 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 467 EQ 522 TU 583 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Barclay's Bank Credit Card (Carnival Sea Miles) - Denied...any suggestions?

just call the backdoor number in the thread above, you can recon in 5 min and get a human answer yes or no
Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
jaystay

What is the website for this card? The main Barclays website only has a Carnival fun points card.

EQ Starting Score: 579 | TU Starting Score: 568
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 653
EQ Goal Score: 1000 | TU Goal Score: 1000

New Contributor
Amleigh

That's what I applied for. Is this not the same card? If not, then I applied for the wrong card! I was recommended to apply for this card in a previous thread. This "Funpoints" was the only one that I could find, so maybe I applied for a card out of my league and that's why I was denied.

Starting Score: 467 EQ 522 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 467 EQ 522 TU 583 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
tbone74

Amleigh wrote:
I applied for a Barclays credit card on Saturday and found out today after checking the status of my application online that I was denied. I know it was automatically generated, and it stated that it evaluated me based on numerical values based on repayment history of large numbers of customers. My FICO score is 613 as of 2/24, and probably went up because I paid down a credit card to zero balance. I have one paid collection, and a late payment from March 2009 (Jared account; account current and has a zero balance now). It also said "Insufficient credit history". I just sent a letter to them using Planetfeedback.com explaining in detail the potentially negative items listed on my credit report. It had the CEO's name on the letter before I sent it, so I guess it going straight to him.  Should I send a letter to them via USPS to underwriting as well, or just wait on the response from PF? Does anyone have any other suggestions for another card that I can try that pulls TU? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Message Edited by Amleigh on 03-08-2010 12:00 PM

I mentioned this in a thread this morning.  I applied and got denied Saturday also.  I called the back door number this morning and got reevaluated and approved in 5 mins!.  This is the number I called...Juniper: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)....as listed in the back door thread.   Good luck and let me know how it goes!!!!

Starting Score: TU04: 603 EQ: 613
Current Score: TU04: 667/EQ: 670/ EXP(LO Pull): 676
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+