cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Bank Credit Card (Carnival Sea Miles) - Denied...any suggestions?

tag
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

Barclay's Bank Credit Card (Carnival Sea Miles) - Denied...any suggestions?

I applied for a Barclays credit card on Saturday and found out today after checking the status of my application online that I was denied. I know it was automatically generated, and it stated that it evaluated me based on numerical values based on repayment history of large numbers of customers. My FICO score is 613 as of 2/24, and probably went up because I paid down a credit card to zero balance. I have one paid collection, and a late payment from March 2009 (Jared account; account current and has a zero balance now). It also said "Insufficient credit history". I just sent a letter to them using Planetfeedback.com explaining in detail the potentially negative items listed on my credit report. It had the CEO's name on the letter before I sent it, so I guess it going straight to him.  Should I send a letter to them via USPS to underwriting as well, or just wait on the response from PF? Does anyone have any other suggestions for another card that I can try that pulls TU? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Message Edited by Amleigh on 03-08-2010 12:00 PM

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay's Bank Credit Card (Carnival Sea Miles) - Denied...any suggestions?

just call the backdoor number in the thread above, you can recon in 5 min and get a human answer yes or no
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the website for this card? The main Barclays website only has a Carnival fun points card.
Message 3 of 5
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

That's what I applied for. Is this not the same card? If not, then I applied for the wrong card! I was recommended to apply for this card in a previous thread. This "Funpoints" was the only one that I could find, so maybe I applied for a card out of my league and that's why I was denied.

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
tbone74
Regular Contributor

@Amleigh wrote:
I applied for a Barclays credit card on Saturday and found out today after checking the status of my application online that I was denied. I know it was automatically generated, and it stated that it evaluated me based on numerical values based on repayment history of large numbers of customers. My FICO score is 613 as of 2/24, and probably went up because I paid down a credit card to zero balance. I have one paid collection, and a late payment from March 2009 (Jared account; account current and has a zero balance now). It also said "Insufficient credit history". I just sent a letter to them using Planetfeedback.com explaining in detail the potentially negative items listed on my credit report. It had the CEO's name on the letter before I sent it, so I guess it going straight to him.  Should I send a letter to them via USPS to underwriting as well, or just wait on the response from PF? Does anyone have any other suggestions for another card that I can try that pulls TU? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Message Edited by Amleigh on 03-08-2010 12:00 PM

I mentioned this in a thread this morning.  I applied and got denied Saturday also.  I called the back door number this morning and got reevaluated and approved in 5 mins!.  This is the number I called...Juniper: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)....as listed in the back door thread.   Good luck and let me know how it goes!!!!

Starting Score: TU04: 603 EQ: 613
Current Score: TU04: 667/EQ: 670/ EXP(LO Pull): 676
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.