Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay's Black Card

The new credit card act says the annual fee for the first year can't exceed 25% of the CL so yes anything CL under 2000 would be illegal. 

New Visitor

I have a Barclay black card.. I got it through Apple website when buying a laptop. It didn't have any anual fee going that way though

Super Contributor

No thanks. My Barclays Rewards World MC is good enough for me for daily use. 

Ron.

Super Contributor

Playtime5332 wrote:

I have a Barclay black card.. I got it through Apple website when buying a laptop. It didn't have any anual fee going that way though

You got a black card by applying for financing on the Apple site?

My Apple card is White.

New Contributor

"find 1% of the people who would be willing to pay the fee for this card"

ditto

New Visitor

I am new to the site and was reading the post about someone only  getting a 500 dollar credit limit on the visa Black card... They ARE lieing. The minimum credit limit offered for the Blackcard is 5,000.... They tell you that when you apply. Second is that no one receives instant approval upon application. They verify your information.

Super Contributor

BCATL wrote:

I am new to the site and was reading the post about someone only  getting a 500 dollar credit limit on the visa Black card... They ARE lieing. The minimum credit limit offered for the Blackcard is 5,000.... They tell you that when you apply. Second is that no one receives instant approval upon application. They verify your information.

that's based on really old info, fyi....

it's no longer possible to get a 500 limit for the Black card due to the CARD act of 2009. With a $495 annual fee, the Black card has to issue at least $1980 in CL as required by law.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Established Contributor

I got a Black Card with a 15K Limit and had the $495.00 waived.Barclays has been very good to me ,In the last 6 months: 3 approvals for $49,800 on three accounts

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.