Regular Contributor
lanc

Re: Barclay's Black Card

The new credit card act says the annual fee for the first year can't exceed 25% of the CL so yes anything CL under 2000 would be illegal. 

New Visitor
Playtime5332

I have a Barclay black card.. I got it through Apple website when buying a laptop. It didn't have any anual fee going that way though

Super Contributor
Ron1

No thanks. My Barclays Rewards World MC is good enough for me for daily use. 

Ron.

Super Contributor
CS800

Playtime5332 wrote:

I have a Barclay black card.. I got it through Apple website when buying a laptop. It didn't have any anual fee going that way though

You got a black card by applying for financing on the Apple site?

My Apple card is White.

New Contributor
mrcrush20

"find 1% of the people who would be willing to pay the fee for this card"

ditto

New Visitor
BCATL

I am new to the site and was reading the post about someone only  getting a 500 dollar credit limit on the visa Black card... They ARE lieing. The minimum credit limit offered for the Blackcard is 5,000.... They tell you that when you apply. Second is that no one receives instant approval upon application. They verify your information.

Super Contributor
enharu

BCATL wrote:

I am new to the site and was reading the post about someone only  getting a 500 dollar credit limit on the visa Black card... They ARE lieing. The minimum credit limit offered for the Blackcard is 5,000.... They tell you that when you apply. Second is that no one receives instant approval upon application. They verify your information.

that's based on really old info, fyi....

it's no longer possible to get a 500 limit for the Black card due to the CARD act of 2009. With a $495 annual fee, the Black card has to issue at least $1980 in CL as required by law.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Frequent Contributor
sandman2435

I got a Black Card with a 15K Limit and had the $495.00 waived.Barclays has been very good to me ,In the last 6 months: 3 approvals for $49,800 on three accounts

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}