Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Black Card

tag
lanc
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay's Black Card

The new credit card act says the annual fee for the first year can't exceed 25% of the CL so yes anything CL under 2000 would be illegal. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Barclay black card.. I got it through Apple website when buying a laptop. It didn't have any anual fee going that way though

Message 12 of 18
Ron1
Super Contributor

No thanks. My Barclays Rewards World MC is good enough for me for daily use. 

Ron.

Message 13 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Barclay black card.. I got it through Apple website when buying a laptop. It didn't have any anual fee going that way though

You got a black card by applying for financing on the Apple site?

My Apple card is White.

Message 14 of 18
mrcrush20
New Contributor

"find 1% of the people who would be willing to pay the fee for this card"

ditto

Message 15 of 18
BCATL
New Visitor

I am new to the site and was reading the post about someone only  getting a 500 dollar credit limit on the visa Black card... They ARE lieing. The minimum credit limit offered for the Blackcard is 5,000.... They tell you that when you apply. Second is that no one receives instant approval upon application. They verify your information.

Message 16 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@BCATL wrote:

I am new to the site and was reading the post about someone only  getting a 500 dollar credit limit on the visa Black card... They ARE lieing. The minimum credit limit offered for the Blackcard is 5,000.... They tell you that when you apply. Second is that no one receives instant approval upon application. They verify your information.

that's based on really old info, fyi....

it's no longer possible to get a 500 limit for the Black card due to the CARD act of 2009. With a $495 annual fee, the Black card has to issue at least $1980 in CL as required by law.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 18
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I got a Black Card with a 15K Limit and had the $495.00 waived.Barclays has been very good to me ,In the last 6 months: 3 approvals for $49,800 on three accounts

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.