Valued Contributor

Barclay's Black Card

Good afternoon everyone! I just had to stop by and share this:

In my mailbox today was a 'pre-selected' offer for the Barclay's Black Card. As I was reading the material, I saw the $495 annual fee.....NO THANK YOU!! I don't know anything about this card, and the only thing I've ever read about Barclay's has been on this forum (mainly about how they are inq sensitive).

I know pre-selected does not mean the same as pre-approved, but I am psyched just to get an invite to apply. It's a real confidence booster!

Too bad I'm not remotely interested in what they are selling!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay's Black Card

+1 i got the same offfer, they saw someting they liked when the softed me so that feels good but 495 !!! no thanks

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

any idea what you get for $495?

Super Contributor

It's just the regular visa black card, which is backed by barclays.

https://www.blackcard.com

Apparently it is the worlds most prestigious and and versatile credit card. Smiley Very Happy

;
Valued Contributor

It's supposed to compete with the Amex Platinum, but I think Amex is a little better with the points.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Valued Contributor

Prestige or not, I'm cannot swing a $495 AF....

I guess they didn't get the memo that I am no where near the 1%!!! :-D

The offer I received had a 10k sign up bonus. It also said something about 25k points can get you a $500 airline ticket. But, it's only 1% cashback...no extra points for certain categories.
Regular Contributor

Read through some of the old posts on this card, there have been people who got a $500 cl for their $495 fee.  I think the reason it is only for 1% of the population is that they will be lucky to find 1% of the people who would be willing to pay the fee for this card. 

Regular Contributor

It's not even a Visa Signature card.  An annual fee of $495 and its just a plain old Visa?  What gives?!?

AMEX Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $20,000
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - $25,000 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $22,000
Chase Slate Visa - $10,800 | Citi AT&T Universal MC - $15,200 | Best Buy (Citi) Card - $10,000
USAA Platinum MC - $21,000 | Amazon Store Card - $3,800
Valued Contributor

495 for a 500 cl??!?!?! That is a rip off and should be illegal. It didn't even occur to me to search other forum posts about this card.

Shoot, I don't feel as "privileged" now. :-p

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

hemi961 wrote:

Read through some of the old posts on this card, there have been people who got a $500 cl for their $495 fee.  I think the reason it is only for 1% of the population is that they will be lucky to find 1% of the people who would be willing to pay the fee for this card. 

Wow. You have got to be kidding me.

I don't want to pay the $495 for a Platinum or $595 for Palladium (not sure if I would qualify)... and they are charging people $495 for a $500 limit.

They would feel my wrath if they tried to pull that with me. That should be illegal.

Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.