Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's CLD - IDIOTS !!!

tag
ArCpa
Contributor

Re: Barclay's CLD - IDIOTS !!!

@ efranklin23, . I have had 3 yrs with Barclays they sp me about every 90 days. You made the comment "I acquired massive amounts of credit from other lenders" . Lets see im 42 yrs old and have had credit since i was 22 or 23 yrs old,so im sure i have taken all the time needed to established myself. I still had over 180,000 of credit before I acquired the recent 48 k in the last month. and that doesn't included business credit which is more than triple my personal . and its 90 % LOC and not credit cards.  I have also checked both my Experian and Equifax business reports and nothing from Barclays comes up. And it doesn't take 15-20 yrs to get 40-50k lines of credit. When i joined Penfed a few yrs ago, i faxed over my docs and they approved me for a Plat rewards for 42k..There are numerous people on here that have high lines of credit . Just depends on which banks you apply with. I have read numerous post on here about people with low scores or damaged credit getting  10k and more with NFCU and if they went to any other lender they would be lucky to get 500.00. Like my previous post stated I will contact Barclays , and find out what happened. Thanks for your insights.

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 71 of 121
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@ArCpa wrote:

i have never heard of any bank that states 5 yrs is considered a established realionship.

Many banks have told me this. But as the post says, everyone experience varies.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 72 of 121
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@ArCpa wrote:

In the last 30 days i have added CSP -17.5k, CTP -10.5k and OCCU - 20k. Today i get a letter from Barclays stating I have to much available credit so they are CLD me fornm 9.5 to 2.5 k. I have had the Barclay's card for 3 yrs and alwasy pif, will never use this card again !!

Over $200,000.00 personal credit lines? How much do you spend every Month on these Cards? 

Lots of people on these boards have way more personal credit than this.

As stated before, over a period of time (like 15-20 years), your Credit slowly gets increases which is not surprising for people to have 40-50k cards.. The person in this case hasn't really eastablish alot  of time with the lender but yet acquired a massive amount of credit from other lenders. Barclays risk meter clearly went off (which it had the right to do so as a lender). It takes for most people time to acquire credit cards of those limits.

Clearly Barclays liked him as they didn't close his account and CLD his account but that amount of credit is a red flag even with his income. I personally don't blame Barclays in this case. 

+1

Message 73 of 121
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@maksimfa wrote:

Good thing you are an accountant, because your grammar and spelling clearly suck. 

Their lead, not there lead.

follow advice, not advise,

also, as far as being an accountant, you should know most banks will not really consider it dependable income unless you have at least 5 years of positive records. 

Absolutely update your records with Barclays and give them copies of your tax returns if they need proof.  

Self employed yee income is much tougher to depend on for most lenders, unlike w2, even though for established business owners, nothing can be further from the truth.

good luck.

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 74 of 121
ArCpa
Contributor

@ maksimfa , Sorrrrrrry for this spelling its called voice mobile on my android. I have had credit for almost 20 yrs, so your theory about 5 yrs is wrong in regards to myself. And for good standards I let another CPA firm do my taxes. I can prove my income and bank statements any day of the week. And btw since you are a grammar expert what exactly is " yee" !!

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 75 of 121
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@ArCpa wrote:

@ efranklin23, . I have had 3 yrs with Barclays they sp me about every 90 days. You made the comment "I acquired massive amounts of credit from other lenders" . Lets see im 42 yrs old and have had credit since i was 22 or 23 yrs old,so im sure i have taken all the time needed to established myself. I still had over 180,000 of credit before I acquired the recent 48 k in the last month. and that doesn't included business credit which is more than triple my personal . and its 90 % LOC and not credit cards.  I have also checked both my Experian and Equifax business reports and nothing from Barclays comes up. And it doesn't take 15-20 yrs to get 40-50k lines of credit. When i joined Penfed a few yrs ago, i faxed over my docs and they approved me for a Plat rewards for 42k..There are numerous people on here that have high lines of credit . Just depends on which banks you apply with. I have read numerous post on here about people with low scores or damaged credit getting  10k and more with NFCU and if they went to any other lender they would be lucky to get 500.00. Like my previous post stated I will contact Barclays , and find out what happened. Thanks for your insights.

I was saying for most people, It came with time and established relationships with a lender, not to mention other established accounts on your CR. And I do agree that some lenders are more conservative than others but even in those cases, your relationship still plays a role. 

Understanding this, it shouldn't be surprising that your account was decreased because you asked for 48k in a month. Every lender has a different model for risk and for that reason you have to understand that it was done as you crossed into their high level of risk. Every lender measures risk different and it's has been notorious that Barclays tends to close and CLD accounts. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 76 of 121
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@ArCpa wrote:

@ maksimfa , Sorrrrrrry for this spelling its called voice mobile on my android. I have had credit for almost 20 yrs, so your theory about 5 yrs is wrong in regards to myself. And for good standards I let another CPA firm do my taxes. I can prove my income and bank statements any day of the week. And btw since you are a grammar expert what exactly is " yee" !!

Let's try to be respectful to each other in the post

Message 77 of 121
otter69
New Contributor

@SorenX wrote:

@enharu wrote:

so you want to make risk management illegal....?

the lack of risk management was precisely what got the economy into its current state.

OP got a lot of new credit over a short period of time. To any bank, this is regarded as risky behavior. We don't know what his income is, but there's also a possiblity that Barclays may have decided that OP has too much CL compared to his income.

Edit: To add, Barclays isn't punishing him. Barclays is simply not wanting to lend OP as much money as before. They are not obliged to. Neither is OP obliged to remain as a customer. What you are claiming is essentially saying just because I let a friend stayed overnight at my house once, he is now entitled to stay at my house for the rest of his life. 

I am particularly sensitive to the issue of taking action against someone when they haven't specifically done anything to warrant such action. 

Barclays is reacting to the POTENTIAL for bad behavior, not bad behavior itself. And so no, I don't like that. It's no different to me than prohibitionists wanting to outlaw alcohol for EVERYBODY simply because SOME individuals would get drunk and cause trouble. This also was a form of "risk management" (no drunkards in the streets if there's nothing to drink) but I hope you'd agree that it was misguided and punished responsible people of good character for other people's mistakes.

I believe that when a creditor issues a credit card, they are making a pact with the borrower: "Okay, so I'm going to extend this credit to you, and as long as you're responsible with it we will maintain this arrangement." At this point, the borrower will place a certain faith in the lender and will expect that the credit will be there if and when they need it. But what Barclays is doing is reneging on this pact and saying, "Yeah, we know you didn't actually do anything to harm us or our business, but we're worried you MIGHT in the future. So we're going to take back what we gave you."

That is not okay to me and would certainly piss me off as a customer after I had remained loyal to them for three years.

The "alcohol" analogy you used is flawed... here's a better one:

"OP said he was going to the bar, could he borrow Barclay's car?" Barclay of course has every right to say no even if they've said Op can borrow the car when they need to. While it's true the Op hasn't done anything wrong and might not do anything wrong (he/she could simply go into the bar and play pool while sipping a coke. He could even just have one drink, sit for an hour or so, never getting a buzz. But Barclay would be on the hook if they were not responsible."

I don't do senior citizen activities like Bingo, needlepoint, shuffleboard, square dancing, and ABSOLUTELY NO GARDENING!
Message 78 of 121
myjourney
Super Contributor

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 79 of 121
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@maksimfa wrote:

Good thing you are an accountant, because your grammar and spelling clearly suck. 

Their lead, not there lead.

follow advice, not advise,

also, as far as being an accountant, you should know most banks will not really consider it dependable income unless you have at least 5 years of positive records. 

Absolutely update your records with Barclays and give them copies of your tax returns if they need proof.  

Self employed yee income is much tougher to depend on for most lenders, unlike w2, even though for established business owners, nothing can be further from the truth.

good luck.

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

+1

Rental property income or Real Estate Business= High risk Industry…

Message 80 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.