Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's CLD

tag
exoromeo
Valued Member

Re: Barclay's CLD

@slabofbacon

Yep. No kidding. Surprised the hell out of me. If the phone call doesn't restore the credit limit and for whatever reason it stays at the crap level it is, I guess it gets tossed in a drawer for a while and possibly closed at some point.

Message 11 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would SD the card if they don't return the original CL to you.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 17
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Everyone knows Barclay's doesn't like a lot of new accounts.

I'd probably close it just because a CL that low wouldn't be very useful or even help with utilization.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
exoromeo
Valued Member

Sorry it took so long for the update to this thread...

CL dropped because #1 they didnt like the new accounts (which I don't get 'cause I've opened several since I've had the Barclays cards over the last few years), and #2 didnt like me running up balance, paying it off, rinse and repeat.

Message 14 of 17
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@exoromeo wrote:

Sorry it took so long for the update to this thread...

CL dropped because #1 they didnt like the new accounts (which I don't get 'cause I've opened several since I've had the Barclays cards over the last few years), and #2 didnt like me running up balance, paying it off, rinse and repeat.

Ummm... that is what a credt card is....   Charge something, then pay it off, then charge again.....

Why did they SAY usung the card is bad? Just curious.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 15 of 17
exoromeo
Valued Member

CN-

They didnt really say. I asked them essentially what you said. The response was they didnt like me charging a lot on the card, then either paying it off in the same month or paying it off within a couple of months or whatever. Going from $0 to like $1,500 or more, then paying it off. Or carrying a balance for a bit, then zeroing it out. That's all I got.

I still wonder if getting another Chase card (Slate) and the Citi card didnt just make them mad. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

I have a Barnes and Noble (Barclays) World MC.  I have used and abused it.

I have charged it up high.  I have paid it off. I have BT then paid no interest.  I have carried a high balance. I just added 5 new cards. Never had a problem.  They seem to pick on people.  New accounts are always talked about here as a trigger for them, but it is usually with a fresh barclays card.    Not sure what the real reason is, but my thoughts are that the new accounts are the real issue not using the card.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.