Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's CLD

tag
exoromeo
Valued Member

Barclay's CLD

Had the Barclay's ITunes card since early 2008. CL started at like $2,000. CLI a couple of times and CL was $4,800 for the last year or so. Never late (on it or any other card, loan, etc.).

Used card the other day, balance posted, got an alert I was near credit limit. Figured it was a glitch because I only ran about $300 through the card. Logged in this AM on a whim, and CLD from $4,800 to $600.

Now- as I said, never late. No baddies of any sort on my credit report. At all. Anywhere. Credit scores (FICO, not FAKO) are around 760. I've carried high balances on the Itunes card a couple of times, but ended up paying them off in a couple of months.

Only thing I can figure is I went on a mini-app spree the other day (Citi = approved, Chase Slate, second Chase card [I already had the Freedom] = approved, and a couple of store cards).

Any ideas what the crap triggered such a massive CLD?

-Scott

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's CLD

Weird. Double check your reports to make sure nothing popped up on them. We're you using card regularly? Also, I would just call them once you do your research.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 17
exoromeo
Valued Member

Checked reports. Did that right after I logged into Barclay's site. All clear/clean. Nothing new (other than a couple of the new cards hitting already). Yep- card gets used pretty regularly.

Message 3 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I would call their backdoor number and find out what he'll is going on. Seems pretty sensitive to app spree a few years later. Out of curiosity, how many cards and cl did you add vs. what did you have before spree.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday a good Barclays story and today a bad one.  Makes one worry about anything to do with Barclays.

Let us know what happens with this.

Message 5 of 17
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

This concerns me and I've yet to even receive the card.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 17
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

To add to the horror, Barclays CLD my Priceline Visa a little over 1yr ago from $4500 to $4000. They did that after softening my CR and found out I apped and got a BCP/SPG card.

Message 7 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

This doesn't bode well for me for my 6th statement.....

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 17
exoromeo
Valued Member

@crashem

I added four (Citi Simplicity, Chase Slate, American Eagle, and Old Navy)

@psychoinhell

I shall keep you guys updated and let you know what I find out. I just find it odd after a few years they CLD me for new accounts. (I did an app spree last year and added two cards: the Chase Freedom, another BoA card. Nothing bad from Barclay. Actually nothing bad from them until now.)

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did a CLD on me earlier this year, but not *that* bad. $2700 down to $2050. (It's now at $0 and sock drawered) - but that's quite a significant CLD indeed!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.