Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's CLI???

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay's CLI???

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
On reading results like OP experienced, i try to funnel thru details to try to get a handle on such actions. The first thing that crosses my mind in curiosity is i wonder roughly at what cost lenders pay CRA's for each pull. Because surely it's an additional charge for them to pull on more then one report?

Looks some must have gotten "unlimited" pull deals from the CRAs? So it does not cost them extra to pull and therefore they can happily pull as much as they like with the same flat feeSmiley Surprised??...Cap1 does 4 pulls forgot if it was IDA or Innovis but they did triple TU, EX, EQ  and I saw the 4th HP on any of the others but forgot which one...LOL

Message 11 of 17
12njoy
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
On reading results like OP experienced, i try to funnel thru details to try to get a handle on such actions. The first thing that crosses my mind in curiosity is i wonder roughly at what cost lenders pay CRA's for each pull. Because surely it's an additional charge for them to pull on more then one report?

Looks some must have gotten "unlimited" pull deals from the CRAs? So it does not cost them extra to pull and therefore they can happily pull as much as they like with the same flat feeSmiley Surprised??...Cap1 does 4 pulls forgot if it was IDA or Innovis but they did triple TU, EX, EQ  and I saw the 4th HP on any of the others but forgot which one...LOL

ouch that's a bummer Smiley Mad

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 12 of 17
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Called Barclay's to see if I could get a cli.  I was willing to take a HP on TU.  However, the CSR said that they would pull all 3 CRA's.  I politely declined at this point.  Anyone else heard this before?

I heard of it once. They're doing this to compare your credit as you made it to their "borderline risky customer" mode. I say just wait a couple of months and try again through backdoor and it should go away. If not, then I would not app for anymore new accounts for a year as Barclays is clearly watching your account.

How many new accounts did you open in the last year?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 13 of 17
12njoy
Super Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Called Barclay's to see if I could get a cli.  I was willing to take a HP on TU.  However, the CSR said that they would pull all 3 CRA's.  I politely declined at this point.  Anyone else heard this before?

I heard of it once. They're doing this to compare your credit as you made it to their "borderline risky customer" mode. I say just wait a couple of months and try again through backdoor and it should go away. If not, then I would not app for anymore new accounts for a year as Barclays is clearly watching your account.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the heads up.  12 of my accounts in my siggy were opened after Barclays.  I opened Barclays in March 2013.  The other 12 accounts were opened between July 2013 and December 2013.  It's no big deal if they close my account.  If they should cld me, I'll close it for them.  It's not a necessity at this point with my other cards.  However, it did help get me started on the road to recovery.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 14 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Gotcha.  Thanks for the heads up.  12 of my accounts in my siggy were opened after Barclays.  I opened Barclays in March 2013.  The other 12 accounts were opened between July 2013 and December 2013.  It's no big deal if they close my account.  If they should cld me, I'll close it for them.  It's not a necessity at this point with my other cards.  However, it did help get me started on the road to recovery.

There is your answer, you need to wait before asking for the CLI and open no more until your last one passes 6 months.

Message 15 of 17
FixingMyCreditASAP
Established Member

I've been with Barclays for about 4 months now, I think. I only have a 750 limit, which sucks. I charge about 1500 a month because of the rewards, and have to pay my bill a few times a month. I recently asked for an increase and was denied. They only pulled TU. He said that because the account was relatively new that my chances of an increase are slim right now.

4/13 Scores - EQ 521 - TU 541 - EX-592
2/2015 Scores EQ 677 TU 650
Current Cards - Chase Freedom 3.5K / 4K Barclays reward /American Express 500 / DiscoverIT 1500 / QuickSilver / 1.3K Walmart / Auto Loan of 24k really helped my scores
Message 16 of 17
12njoy
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

There is your answer, you need to wait before asking for the CLI and open no more until your last one passes 6 months.

Was able to apply for cli yesterday which was denied.  This apparently happened because I received a cli in November or December 2013 because the representative stated this time that it would be a HP on one CRA.  However, it's been a full day and no HP showing on any CRA.  I updated my credit monitoring yesterday right after being denied the cli and no HP.  Just updated credit monitoring again today and no HP.  I would say that it's too soon to request a cli (in my case anyway) due to recent cli and not necessarily due to recent account openings.  From everything I've read and from multiple CSR's, Barclays doesn't do SP's on cli to my knowledge.  I have no plans on opening any more accounts.  I am just going to grow the existing accounts that I have.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.