Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay’s Chess - Ready to play?

tag
Sexyblue
Contributor

Barclay’s Chess - Ready to play?

Thank them now if you dont get approved or if you get a CLD for one of their cards. They did you a favor.

Now come play Barclays chess with me.

First Move  

Barclays will approve you for a card. After you get balance on it, and pay it off.

They will CLD you and accused you of cheating them.

Second Move

You get limit restored – charge some more and pay balance off. But, no longer used the card for a while.

Then they will CLD again- and say you cheated because you got inquires or new accounts with another bank.

Third Move

You called them about move two – And they will give you some more bogus reasons as to why they CLD on move two.

When you catch them on it, with your Fico wisdom and Intelligence. Smiley Wink 

Then Barclays will claim that chess, credit and fico scores was invented to cheat them.Smiley Surprised  

Checkmate!

Barclays Humor  

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay’s Chess - Ready to play?

Barclays can GTH.  Play checkers and jump over them and be done with it.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checkmate 6-26-17 😝 (Me closing my Barclays RMC) 

Message 3 of 17
stellar
Established Contributor

Yeah I'm over Barclays too.  What are these tightwads even doing in the credit card business?  They need to get over themselves.  I feel like they are very out of touch with their customers.

#BoycottBarclays

Message 4 of 17
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Super surprised at all the barclays Account actions being taken. I have never (knock on wood) had an issue with barclays. I opened my arrival (now closed, limit moved to the black) but it was opened with an SL of 25k  0% for 12 months, I immediatly put 23k on it and carried that for the whole 0% period. Paid it off when the 0% ran out and a month later they raised both my arrival and arrival plus to 29k each. I charge my Hulu and netflix to my arrival + and then my daily coffee to my black card, and thats it. Total montly spend between the two is maybe 300 a month. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 5 of 17
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I wanted to be in with barclay for the longest time and planned on apping sometime in 2017, but in all honesty I've been hearing nothing but bad things about barclay... really makes me re-consider Smiley Surprised
Message 6 of 17
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

@stellar wrote:

Yeah I'm over Barclays too.  What are these tightwads even doing in the credit card business?  They need to get over themselves.  I feel like they are very out of touch with their customers.

#BoycottBarclays

I thnk it depends on the consumer  I have had nothing but a great experience with them. In fact got a letter today, they auto incresed my Arrival + by $3500.   This after getting a $5k auto CLI back in July (six months ago). I don't even use it that much either.  But scores are high 700's and utily is always under 8%.   Started at 10k a little over a year ago, now it's at $18.5k

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey nothing wrong wif Barclays I'm about to pay off my balance transfer early… they really helped me save money paying off that furniture card on deferred interest that was gonna expire…. Famous last words. LOL
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

my Barclay Ring was opened in November of 2014 with a $6,300 limit. I only ever put a recurring monthly charge on it of under $20.00. They haven't said boo to me, or increased my limit over these past 2+ years. I didn't mind at all - but now I'm just tired of the card and mildly alarmed about all the CLD posts. I moved my recurring charge to another account and I'm likely going to close the Ring at any moment. When I stop being lazy about it. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

my Barclay Ring was opened in November of 2014 with a $6,300 limit. I only ever put a recurring monthly charge on it of under $20.00. They haven't said boo to me, or increased my limit over these past 2+ years. I didn't mind at all - but now I'm just tired of the card and mildly alarmed about all the CLD posts. I moved my recurring charge to another account and I'm likely going to close the Ring at any moment. When I stop being lazy about it. Smiley Happy

Keep in mind that most Barclaycard AA reports are from people whose credit isn't as strong as yours.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.