Sorry... what is recon???

Message 11 of 13
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's Declined me for an NFL card

@momerrier wrote:

Sorry... what is recon???

Recon = Reconsideration.

Basically calling them up and telling them you applied for a card online but was declined and being you were so interested in the card, you wondered if you could speak to someone, an actual person, to give things a second look.  They'll usually ask about your length of time with your employer or at doing what you do if you're self employed, your income and debt (like verifying what you entered online), your housing situation and length of time there etc;  they will be looking at your report while they're speaking with you so know what's on it.

Remember, you'll be speaking to a credit analyst who can click approve or decline as well as what amount to grant you for a CL.  So be friendly and prepared (knowing what is in  your report etc).

A lot of us had to go through this to get the Barclays NFL card btw.  I was given the NFL World Master Card with a flexible limit at 5k, granted I had a rather thick file with no lates or "baddies" as they say.

You can find more info about it here by searching "Recon" (to start with) at the top of the page of the CC forum (will be a blank box left to the word "search" up above).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 13
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay's Declined me for an NFL card

Is it just me or does his score seem to be a bit on the low side with 5 years of perfect payment history? Smiley Indifferent

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.