Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Denial Recon Approval

tag
wills77
Established Member

Barclay's Denial Recon Approval

Applied online via apple.com website on Sunday and was denied. Call this morning and asked for a manual review and after a short moment on hold and justifying my past blemishes on my credit report the nice lady approved me for a $750.00 limit. THANK YOU myFICO would have never gotten this far without the help of this website and all of its valuable members!

Hope this helps other in a similar situation!

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 622
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay's Denial Recon Approval

Congratulations!  Barclay's is clearly interested in getting people signed up ...

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 2 of 8
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! I love Barcaly's!!

They gave me a chance last year to re-build my credit, and they've been great with CLI's without me asking. Doubt I'll ever close it.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Message 3 of 8
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

WOW! you were approved for a barclays at fico of 603?? sweet! i guess it is easier to get a barclays than i thought. all this talk about it being hard to get a juniper/barclays is just nonsense.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 4 of 8
wills77
Established Member

Called backdoor number and the women explained to me that they are looking specifically what individuals with trouble credit history have been doing to rebuild thier credit. A  truthful explanation is all it took!

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 622
Goal Score: 650

Message 5 of 8
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Barclay's is pretty good with recons.

Message 6 of 8
dchrist475
New Contributor

Congrats!!!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: EQ 661
Goal Score: 720

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, grats.

Im going to have to try this tomorrow as I just got shot down on a barnes and noble card from them. TU is my best score too, 691 (0 collections/baddies on tu) as of 2 months ago. Reasons given were recently opened credit account (cu account like 6 months ago?), high debt (a little under 30% useage atm, maybe I should have waited /sigh) and by far the most annoying reason being low credit limits. I just cancelled my $300 limit orchard due to its low limit (and apr/af) since Im trying to remedy my "low limit" problem.

Hopefully it works, thanks for giving me hope and reminding me I should try this =) .

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.