Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Forgiveness

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Barclay's Forgiveness

Anyone ever burned Barclay's and been given a second chance?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay's Forgiveness

not me but someone included them into there BK and later on got a card from them...

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 2 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Are you in that situation crisla?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 16
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I'm not in the BK situtation, but I did burn them on a card due to a double job loss back in 2009.

Message 4 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

I don't thik Barclay blacklists people. Was the card charged off?

Message 5 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

Anyone ever burned Barclay's and been given a second chance?

Did you pay the debt ?  That might make a difference if they still have the $$$ on their books and haven't sold it off yet.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 16
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Yes.  I burned them for >$6k in my 2010 BK and they gave me a $1300cl earlier this month.  App'd online, instant approval.

When I log in to my account, the old one with the massive BK on it is still there, showing a $6877 balance, payment listed as PAID, but a minimum payment due of $6877.

I probably should call them and get it delisted since it's no longer valid debt... but it's not bothering me at all leaving it there so why rock the boat?  I'm just going to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't ever say there is a real payment due... although, if it does, they'd be in all kinds of violation of BK laws.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 7 of 16
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

That will stay on your view along with the new card. My old account also shows up along with the old account. I have called and spoke with a CSR and they said it will fall off one day but they have no clue when. You will just have to ignore that old account.

Message 8 of 16
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@ewingerter wrote:

That will stay on your view along with the new card. My old account also shows up along with the old account. I have called and spoke with a CSR and they said it will fall off one day but they have no clue when. You will just have to ignore that old account.

Thanks for the heads-up... don't need to waste a call.  Was yours a BK too?

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 9 of 16
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Yes I included them in my BK from 07. I was able to get a new account with them with a CL of $1700 but that is all they are willing to do right now. I am hoping that I get a CLI soon. I have been stuck at that CL for awhile now.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.