Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Hard Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay's Hard Pull

I guess my gardening date is starting over.

I didn't realize that Barclays did a hard pull for a credit limit increase. I didn't see anywhere on the page that said they were going to pull my credit report when I requested the increase. I requested some before but I never had an inquiry show up on my reports. All previous attempts for a credit line increase were denied. I got approved this time, but for the odd amount of $510. What the heck? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay's Hard Pull

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't realize that Barclays did a hard pull for a credit limit increase. I didn't see anywhere on the page that said they were going to pull my credit report when I requested the increase. I requested them before but I never had an inquiry show up on my reports. All previous attempts for a credit line increase or denied however. I got approved this time, but for the odd amount  of $510. What the heck? 

Sorry you found out the hard way.  Always assume creditor is going to do a HP for a credit limit increase unless they say or you know that only a SP is going to be done.  Also, you might want to check this board in  the future as there is a way to ask for a CLI where it will only be a SP by calling in and asking for an APR reduction first and then checking for a SP CLI.  There is a big thread in the cc applications forum discussing this method.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think it was a hard pull because I had requested several times before with them, although being denied, and an inquiry never showed up on my report.

Message 3 of 6
william23
Regular Contributor

There's a disclosure on the website that tells you they will be pulling a copy of your bureau. The only way to get a soft pull cli with barvlays is to speak with retention and see if they have an offer.
Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't realize that Barclays did a hard pull for a credit limit increase. I didn't see anywhere on the page that said they were going to pull my credit report when I requested the increase. I requested some before but I never had an inquiry show up on my reports. All previous attempts for a credit line increase were denied. I got approved this time, but for the odd amount of $510. What the heck? 

You're lucky. I didn't figure out what they were doing until I'd made 4 or 5 CLI requests on one card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Says clear as day when you ask for a CLI that they will obtain a copy of your credit report and it could impact your score.  Sorry you found out the hard way.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.