Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's No Harm No Foul

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Barclay's No Harm No Foul

I was going to close down my last Cap one and BBRZMC, but didnt want to take the hit on util.

Figured Barclay's would be the easiest CLI to make up the difference, got declined on the website, and called in.

The analyst said only a soft pull was done, and probably could get it done with a hard pull. I said no thanks, would wait.

Only bring this up because most of the time the "LUV" button is a hard TU pull for. Barclays

As always YMMV.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay's No Harm No Foul

I called for a cli and verified with the person I talked to 3 times it would be a soft pull - got declined, and it was a hard pull.  Once my 0% BT is up, and my balance is paid off, I am never going to use them again.

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never trust a CSR that it will be a soft pull, with any company. Assume it's a hard and be happy when it's a soft. They're usually not trying to lie to you, they're just passing on what they've been told by other reps and possibly management.

Message 3 of 4
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Never trust a CSR that it will be a soft pull, with any company. Assume it's a hard and be happy when it's a soft. They're usually not trying to lie to you, they're just passing on what they've been told by other reps and possibly management.

Good advice.

However, as I posted before, and a few days later, no HP from website, and as said before YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.