Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's PC from Rewards to NFL?

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Barclay's PC from Rewards to NFL?

Has anyone ever tried to PC from Barclay's rewards to the NFL card? I really no longer have any use for the Barclay's rewards, and I feel that I could really benefit from the NFL card. Any experience trying this? Please share. Thanks in advance!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's PC from Rewards to NFL?

Where's all the football fans out there? I know it's barely spring time, but nobody is thinking football yet?  Come now!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Sorry but Barclay's is not very PC friendly. The only succesful PCs ive seen involve going to the Rewards product from something else, or maybe occasionally to a Ring. Generally they are tough to get a PC from, especially with cobranded things such as the NFL. I'd say your chances are slim unfortunately.

Message 3 of 9
willwar14
Valued Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Has anyone ever tried to PC from Barclay's rewards to the NFL card? I really no longer have any use for the Barclay's rewards, and I feel that I could really benefit from the NFL card. Any experience trying this? Please share. Thanks in advance!

IME I had to go through their office of the president to PC an Apple card to the Rewards card, I doubt they will let you go from branded to co-branded Smiley Sad, one thing you could do is, app for the NFL card, and if approved move the CL from the Rewards card over Smiley Happy

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will only allow you to PC to the NFL card if you select the Seahawks. icon_biggrin.gif

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They will only allow you to PC to the NFL card if you select the Seahawks. icon_biggrin.gif

+1.

Message 6 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I tried to PC my Rewards to Sallie Mae a year or so ago and it was a no-go, was told I had to app & be approved for the SM and then I could move the Rewards CL to it & close Rewards.

I have both an NFL & Rewards MC and I much prefer the Rewards card, I just use it on the 2% rewards categories, gas, groceries & utilities. I'm about ready to close the NFL card, but to be honest I just got it March 2015 for the $100 spend bonus and 15 month 0% BT - to pay off a Prosper loan. I like football but I'm not going to waste my $$$ on over priced NFL merchandise, and the only games close neough for me to buy tickets for is the AZ Cardinals, and they'd have to pay me to watch a Cardinals game, I'm a Broncos fan.

If you plan on buying NFL merchandise and/or tickets I guess it would be a good card for you. But in the unlikely event you could get them to PC it for you, you'd miss out on the $100 spend bonus, but it looks like the 15 mo 0% BT offer is gone now. Better to app and get the spend bonus.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have nonmyfico style inq and accts over a year you should approved for this NFL card by just applying out right. You're going to have to take hard pull to change it so you might as well try and apply.
Message 8 of 9
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the replies, I think I will apply for NFL card in July \August, and then transfer limit from Rewards to NFL. That seems to be the consensus. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.