Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Rewards MC CLI

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Barclay's Rewards MC CLI

Just coming up on my 12th month statement with Barclays. Almost a year now and no auto CLI. Started with $1,300 CL and stil no love. It's now my lowest CL card. I run it up close to the nmax each month and then usually pay in full at due date. I've left a balance a couple of times, but still no luck. Anyways, I currently have about $1,100 on it with the statement cycling this Tuesday/Wednesday. Should I pay in full as usual... or leave a balance on it... to maximize the odds of receiving an AUTO CLI? 

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay's Rewards MC CLI

Barclay likes to see a revolving balance, but keep an eye on your utlization. They also like incoming balance transfers. They gave me my biggest line (at the time of application) and then they increased it by 33.33% when I called in for a CLI. I asked for 60% increase, but they countered. All in all, I like doing business with Barclay and there are plenty of posts here on myFICO about what they like to see. It will probably take a few more billing cycles, but you ought to see a CLI soon. Good luck!

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 2 of 5
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Thanks WLRK11I may just go ahead and leave a $300 balance this month and pay it off after the statement cycles. Or, I may just pay it off entirely as usual. My bottom line is I don't want a HP, so I really can't call like you and request CLI.

Message 3 of 5
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

My Barclays arrival started with an initial limit of 3k. Right at the the six month mark they increased it to 6.5k. It's pretty much my daily card, and even before the CLI I was mantaining about a 1k balance on it. I also got auto CLI on both of my CSP/Marriot card the same way. Basically making payments over 1k, but still keeping a small balance. 

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 4 of 5
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

So you're saying they love you more than me, eh? Smiley Very Happy

Maybe I'll leave a $300 balance this month instead of paying it off in full. I am not sure why leaving a balance on the statement motivates them to give you a CLI, but it seems to be the board concensous. You would think running your balance up near your limit and then paying it off in full would be more effective. What do I know! My 703 TU hasn't moved a point in over a freakn' year. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.