Did you mean: 

Barclay's SM - Two offers

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay's SM - Two offers

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, CC, nice job! Smiley Happy

ThanksSmiley Happy..  Thanks to all the others as well..  I was quite happy.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats CC!  I'll have to give them a call tomorrow night.  Hopefully have some success.

Message 12 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats CC!  I'll have to give them a call tomorrow night.  Hopefully have some success.

I thought you were already rolling a very low APR on this card?  Let me know your results none-the-less.. Also grab that 0% apr promo as well if offered as I forsee a new 65-70 inch 4k TV being ordered with it for alittle present for myself using SM for 5% off amazon.. Will have to probably do a 3 750 months of GC loads to take full advantage of 5% to pay for TV, but sitll a nice xmas present for myself I am thinking then several months to pay it off!  I love amazon.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought you were already rolling a very low APR on this card?  Let me know your results none-the-less.. Also grab that 0% apr promo as well if offered as I forsee a new 65-70 inch 4k TV being ordered with it for alittle present for myself using SM for 5% off amazon.. Will have to probably do a 3 750 months of GC loads to take full advantage of 5% to pay for TV, but sitll a nice xmas present for myself I am thinking then several months to pay it off!  I love amazon.

I'm at 12.24 but obvioously you can get lower plus I reallly would like more in a limit.  Good idea on the TV.  Just bought a 65 inch 4K TV.  Not much available in it yet but what there is, is amazing.

Message 14 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Will all the lowering APR requests accelarate the nerfing of the card?   Hope not, but if you don't need it, I wouldn't bother!

Message 15 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

Will all the lowering APR requests accelarate the nerfing of the card?   Hope not, but if you don't need it, I wouldn't bother!

doubtful there is only a handful of people that would do these call being people that are educated with the in/out of various lenders in this case Barlay's.  I suspect the card will be nerfed and or forced PC eventually.  Although with such low caps and amount of people that know about or have the card are fairly small.  I will just continue to enjoy the card while it exists and hope it is around for awhile.  

Message 16 of 20
JamP
Valued Contributor

Man I wish they would do anything with mine APR, CLI.

I called today and nothing.

Shes said you have the best apr available,

I said what is my apr,

she said 19.24,

I said that doesn't sound like the best apr.

OK Thanks, I don't want any HP. Good Day.

We use the card a few times a week, I guess they want me to max it out again.

I am glad to see that someone is getting something out of them.

Congratz and keep it up CC.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 17 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@JamP wrote:

Man I wish they would do anything with mine APR, CLI.

I called today and nothing.

Shes said you have the best apr available,

I said what is my apr,

she said 19.24,

I said that doesn't sound like the best apr.

OK Thanks, I don't want any HP. Good Day.

We use the card a few times a week, I guess they want me to max it out again.

I am glad to see that someone is getting something out of them.

Congratz and keep it up CC.

Sorry to hear this... That is crazy!  I use mine for 250-400 a month typically..  Your scores are quite a bit better than mine as well.  Really doesn't make sense who they have offers for.  I would suggest after they update your FICO scores meaning they do the next SP on you that you try again and you might yield better results.  I typically wait 6 months between my requests(being successfull APR reducation/SP CLI's) and do it a few days after each Fico update.  If denied wait for next account review/SP and then call again and usually get itSmiley Happy  Hope this might help you and dont give up and try when it updates again!  Best of luck you will get it down eventually!  

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well with that new TV set and the Super Bowl in the near future, some of us would hope you utilize your Barclays Sallie Mae World Master Card Groceries Category for a big blow out. Feel free to extend invitations Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

In July I did this. Got a dinky CLI, but they reduced my APR from 14.24 to 10.24.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.