Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's US AIrways - CLI?

tag
CraveMazda
Contributor

Barclay's US AIrways - CLI?

I apped for the Premier World MC due to the 40,000 miles promo, I was approved for the Plat MC with a $4K limit. My highest credit card limit is $19.5K from NFCU, should I call to recon for a higher limit an the request the Premier card? Do I stand a chance? My TU score 726. So not sure why such a low limit, I have a Zync, USAA Amex ($4K), Nordies ($5K) Cap1 ($750) Low Util

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's US AIrways - CLI?

NFCU is a CU and CUs in general give way higher CLs. Barclay not so known to give high CLs, but I would call them and see what they say on giving a higher initial CL. Good luck!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay's US AIrways - CLI?

@CraveMazda wrote:

I apped for the Premier World MC due to the 40,000 miles promo, I was approved for the Plat MC with a $4K limit. My highest credit card limit is $19.5K from NFCU, should I call to recon for a higher limit an the request the Premier card? Do I stand a chance? My TU score 726. So not sure why such a low limit, I have a Zync, USAA Amex ($4K), Nordies ($5K) Cap1 ($750) Low Util

Barclay should ALWAYS be a call in ESPECIALLY if you got $4k on instant computer decision because I feel like 90% of Barclay's APPS are denied during computer "instant" approvals and then a quick call in to backdoor gets them turned around... I love being able to call right in, but they really should put some kind of note in to call kind of like CareCredit does if approved about needing more credit line... Was just talked to someone yesterday about a denial they got at Apple Store... I was like call... they said the Apple people didn't say anything about a chance to call in.  I was like I know, I don't really get it, Barclay looses SO many customers I believe because of this.

Message 3 of 6
CraveMazda
Contributor

Re: Barclay's US AIrways - CLI? UPDATE

Smiley Sad I feel deflated. I called the backdoor number to request the Premier World card vs the Plat that I was approved for saying that I assume I was given the Plat because of the initial CL of $4K, the analyst was very very nice but said due to legal reasons once a card is issued they can not change the type of card that was offered that in a few months with reviews and proof or responsible handling a CLI may be granted.That if I applied for the World in the future that they would see I was an account holder so a manual review would be initiated and it may happen then.

I don't think I actually just asked for a CLI, I approached it from a product change question with the request for my CL. I also had questions on the difference in benefits since I am stuck with the Plat, so was transferred to another very nice person who explained the benefits, the good news is that I will get the 40K bonus miles BUT it "appears" at this moment I am not eligible for the 0% BT offer - which is the second reason I chose this card!

I explained to the nice lady that the 0% BT was the other reason I had applied for this card, she said I would give it some time and it may take a few weeks for the offer to appear and I would receive an email. Has anyone heard of this before? I wanted to transfer $1700 into that card. AUGG. Why me ?   Smiley Sad

Should I call again and try for a CLI? Should I call the analyst number and ask about the 0% offer? HELP. Need some advise from you gurus out there.

Thanks in advance.

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 4 of 6
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

After the American-US Air merger, they will be moving to the Citi AA card and American name for the merged company so I would just wait and work with Citi after the convert your US Air card

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 5 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@rudy0720 wrote:

After the American-US Air merger, they will be moving to the Citi AA card and American name for the merged company so I would just wait and work with Citi after the convert your US Air card

How do you know that CC will convert to CITI and not the other way around?  The airline name has nothing to do with who gets the CC business.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.