Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's US Airways Dividen Miles World Mastercard

tag
iloverewards
Valued Member

Barclay's US Airways Dividen Miles World Mastercard

I decided to apply for this card in the middle of the night last night and mistakenly applied with the non-chairman link (30,000 bonus, annual fee NOT waived, no annual bonus rewarded). I realized my mistake after I had been approved for a world mastercard with an $8.3 K limit. I have since tried to call Barclay's 4-5 times asking them if they could either match the Chairman offer or reconsider my application for the Chairman offer without doing another hard pull. When I speak to customer service, they say that this is not within their realm of power and they will transfer me to their application department. Their application department gave me the same run-around and offers to transfer me to customer service. This has happened every time I called. The last time I called, I had to wait 20 minutes before speaking to someone. At this point, I am thinking about just cancelling the card and re-applying using the chairman link in a month (I tried to re-apply last night but I got an error saying I cannot apply for this card again for 30 days).

What do you guys think I should do?

This is what I get for making hasty decisions when I'm drowsy!Smiley Sad

Chase Sapphire Preferred | Freedom | IHG Rewards Club
Citi Dividend | Simplicity | AAdvantage
Discover It
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Blue Cash
Barclay Arrival | NFL Extra Points
Bank of America Better Balance Rewards
US Bank Platinum Visa
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay's US Airways Dividen Miles World Mastercard

I'm assuming you do not have Chairman status.  If you do not, stop calling and asking about an offer that is not supposed to be available to you.  There's lots of reports of people having success applying for that offer, but it clearly states that it is for people with Chairman status.  The more people call in about this, the more likely they are to shut the offer down.  This is one of those situations where you do not call. 

If you do have status, that's a different situation.

Canceling and reapplying is an option.  This card has been churnable for some people.  But YMMV. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
iloverewards
Valued Member

Okay, I will just cancel my card and re-apply later.

In my phone calls to them, I never made any mention of knowing of anyone who applied without having the chairman status. I just say I found a couple of links (one doesn't require chairman but still has a higher sign-on bonus) with better offers. I'm sure they are aware these offers are out there as a quick google search will yield the links. Regardless, I never mentioned how I found the links or knowing anyone who's gotten approved for the card under any of these offers. Thanks for your response.

Chase Sapphire Preferred | Freedom | IHG Rewards Club
Citi Dividend | Simplicity | AAdvantage
Discover It
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Blue Cash
Barclay Arrival | NFL Extra Points
Bank of America Better Balance Rewards
US Bank Platinum Visa
Message 3 of 4
pkosheta
Contributor

I would love to get this card twitch the chairman benefits, I mean 10k a year points is an amazing perk.  It offsets the fee and you still get to earn miles with a decent bonus.  has anyone gotten the chairman perks without chairman status even after they changed the link?

Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.