cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's changing of terms and conditions is bringing dark days.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay's verification of income/employment data through 3rd parties, uh-oh.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, I wanted to talk further about letters going around to Barclay's member about income/employment data. Upon reading previous posts, it seems I am not alone when it comes to having received a letter that state Barclay's will start collecting employment and income verification from third parties starting this September. This kind of concerns me, I used to like Barclay's a lot, and they are very easy-going compared to other card issuers. However upon reading that letter, I am pretty sure that something adverse is coming like CLD's or something. All this verification through third parties is like "Big Brother" to me, I mean it seems like these banks and card issuers are really clamping down these days. Any thoughts on what could happen when Barclay's starts verifying this stuff later on?

The other thread ran it's course and was closed. Why would this make you like/dislike Barclaycard? Issuers routinely send out things like this to cover themselves. It's simple. Don't lie about your income and you'll be fine.

Message 91 of 96
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's verification of income/employment data through 3rd parties, uh-oh.

Honestly, if Barclays can't verify your income/employment from a third party (and I'm sure they aware that not every company participates), I think they will contact you (and this is probably only regarding CLIs). I don't think there is anything to worry about; most likely they are only checking on those who have been carrying balances for a long time and making minimum payments (or have other red flags on their accounts already). I don't think Barclays is the only CCC to do this anyway so it's nothing new. There is so much information about you out there (accurate or inaccurate) anyway so unless you are willing to live off the grid completely, we just have to accept it. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 92 of 96
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Agree with those who say don't lie about your income. If you're honest with everything, you should have no reason to be afraid of AA taken against you.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 93 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Callandra wrote:

Honestly, if Barclays can't verify your income/employment from a third party (and I'm sure they aware that not every company participates), I think they will contact you (and this is probably only regarding CLIs). I don't think there is anything to worry about; most likely they are only checking on those who have been carrying balances for a long time and making minimum payments (or have other red flags on their accounts already). I don't think Barclays is the only CCC to do this anyway so it's nothing new. There is so much information about you out there (accurate or inaccurate) anyway so unless you are willing to live off the grid completely, we just have to accept it. 

This is very interesting, so it is very possible that they may only contact me or verify information when I initiate a request for a CLI? What about if they automatically increase the CLI without me asking, would they likely verify information in that circumstance?

Message 94 of 96
taxi818
Super Contributor

Since im self employed. no 3rd party knows what my income is except me. and im pretty truthfull about it. So Barclays and everyone else can collect what ever data they like. You should already know banks share info with each other. so example on 1 app you put $40k annual income and next app 75k.  There is a chance you would have a problem. being consistent is great.

If you are going to use your spouses income as well. Then do it across the board. in other words. They only know what you tell other lenders etc...l

Message 95 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All this verification through third parties is like "Big Brother" to me, I mean it seems like these banks and card issuers are really clamping down these days. Any thoughts on what could happen when Barclay's starts verifying this stuff later on?

Agreed and don't like third parties carrying around our info without our knowldge or consent.

Message 96 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.