cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's changing of terms and conditions is bringing dark days.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay's changing of terms and conditions is bringing dark days.

The original topic was about an issuer advising consumer about a change in terms. If it is now about third parties then it needs to be moved to smorgasboard.
Message 71 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

The relevant point is that BARCLAY's is wanting to get personal and financial information about its customers that is given to third parties. That is the notice that was sent out.

It;s also 100% allowable for us to discuss that we don't like 3rd parties having our peronal information, relative to the Barclay's statement they sent out and also more broadly.

Message 72 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also going to say that this is probably something that can be used at their disposal, but won't necessarily be used so. I reckon it won't be used on low-key accounts, low-income/low-CL cardmembers, or cardmembers that don't appear to be constantly credit-seeking (not requesting CLIs, or applying for new cards within six months/the year). It might work a lot with how CCCs mention that they're allowed to CLD you/close your account at any time for no reason, but often don't do so unless you pose a risk to them.

At least, this is what I hope. I am, however, really bummed as I'm also really big on privacy, and this makes me upset.
Message 73 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay change in terms= info being taken form third parties.

Message 74 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm also going to say that this is probably something that can be used at their disposal, but won't necessarily be used so. I reckon it won't be used on low-key accounts, low-income/low-CL cardmembers, or cardmembers that don't appear to be constantly credit-seeking (not requesting CLIs, or applying for new cards within six months/the year). It might work a lot with how CCCs mention that they're allowed to CLD you/close your account at any time for no reason, but often don't do so unless you pose a risk to them.

At least, this is what I hope. I am, however, really bummed as I'm also really big on privacy, and this makes me upset.

Agree 100% moussie

Message 75 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

TWN = Relevant, TRE = Not relevant.
Message 76 of 96
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There is no privacy anymore, only regulation of the data. This is a small thing compared to the data that is shared out there.

Message 77 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm also going to say that this is probably something that can be used at their disposal, but won't necessarily be used so. 

There is no privacy anymore, only regulation of the data. This is a small thing compared to the data that is shared out there.

Agreed seezar - but being informed about these new Barclay terms and other times when our privacy is being infringed upon is good for us to be aware of, and to stand up against if we feel  necessary.

Message 78 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I find as part of my Rewards Card T&C:

"Changes to Account and Benefits Terms: We reserve the right to change the APR and other account terms in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement, Delaware law and the Federal Truth in Lending Act. We also reserve the right to change the benefits and features associated with the card or the account."

The below is what their Cardholder Agreement says:

"If we so elect, your Minimum Payment Due may also include any amount that, at the time of billing, is past due and/or over your credit line.  In certain instances your Minimum Payment Due may be less than the total fees and interest assessed that billing cycle.  At any time you may pay more than the Minimum Payment Due up to the full amount you owe us.  However, you cannot “pay ahead”.  This means that if you pay more than the required Minimum Payment Due in any billing cycle or if you make more than one payment in a billing cycle, you will still need to pay the next month’s required Minimum Payment Due by your next Payment Due Date."

I paid my first statement amount in full. It was $21.89 and minimum payment was $21.89. This was yesterday !

Message 79 of 96
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The relevant point is that BARCLAY's is wanting to get personal and financial information about its customers that is given to third parties. That is the notice that was sent out.

It;s also 100% allowable for us to discuss that we don't like 3rd parties having our peronal information, relative to the Barclay's statement they sent out and also more broadly.

That's borderline.

We're no longer discussing the Barclay aspect. We're just discussing the various 3rd parties and how they operate. It's definitely on a tangent. I agree that it's useful, but probably belongs in a different forum.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 80 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.