Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's is nutts!

tag
insidious28
New Contributor

Barclay's is nutts!

(mod edit) ...Lo and behold Barclay's went nutts softing me after I opened an account with them in November of last year.  10 times so far but none on Experian or Equifax.  If the close my measly 1k account then so be it.  I opened 4 accounts after I opened one with them and 3 are showing on Transunion already.  The only one that is not showing on Transunion is Discover which from reading on these forums usually does not show up unitl eaither the 1st or 2nd statement cut.  Just wanted to let everyone know that yes it's true that Barclay's soft you like crazy after you open an account with them... (mod edit)

edit: TOS prohibits discussion of manipulating the system to get free looks at your full reports.

Good luck with your Barclays card! It's not uncommon for them to watch you carefully at first, so unless they're seeing something that they don't like, this doesn't automatically mean that they're going to close you down.

Starting Score: EQ 686, TU 722, EX 702
Current Score: EQ 838 (01/08/14 MyFico), TU 836 (01/14/14 Wally), EX 832 (01/14/14 FNBO)
Goal Score: 800+ Across The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay's is nutts!

I am a new Barclay account holder.  I have read that for the first 6 months of opening an account, they heavily scrutinize customers' activity and that two many (i do not know what constitutes too many) inquiries raises some flags and risks causig your account to close.  If you want to keep the account, you migt want to slow down the apping for a few months.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay's is nutts!

@insidious28 wrote:

(mod edit) ...Lo and behold Barclay's went nutts softing me after I opened an account with them in November of last year.  10 times so far but none on Experian or Equifax.  If the close my measly 1k account then so be it.  I opened 4 accounts after I opened one with them and 3 are showing on Transunion already.  The only one that is not showing on Transunion is Discover which from reading on these forums usually does not show up unitl eaither the 1st or 2nd statement cut.  Just wanted to let everyone know that yes it's true that Barclay's soft you like crazy after you open an account with them... (mod edit)

edit: TOS prohibits discussion of manipulating the system to get free looks at your full reports.

Good luck with your Barclays card! It's not uncommon for them to watch you carefully at first, so unless they're seeing something that they don't like, this doesn't automatically mean that they're going to close you down.

Wow 10 times in about 3 months...that's crazy! I have only been softed twice by them since being approved a month ago. I wonder how many times they will soft me in the next couple months Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.