cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's pre-approval link!

tag
Randy25

Barclay's pre-approval link!

Here is The Link: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/ProactivePrescreenLanding.action

But.... there's a Catch....... They ask you for Your Info & the last of your SSN # then they ask which catagory u fall in after that they tell u which card you are Pre-Qualified for..

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay's pre-approval link!

@Randy25 wrote:

Here is The Link: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/ProactivePrescreenLanding.action

But.... there's a Catch....... They ask you for Your Info & the last of your SSN # then they ask which catagory u fall in after that they tell u which card you are Pre-Qualified for..

Why is that a catch? Capital One does too...

So from what I see so far: If you get "Congratulations.... on the next screen and go forward and apply, you are approved!

any other results after submitting the pre-screen is nothing.

True?

Message 2 of 108
Randy25

No.... Its More or Less Like The Bank Of America Pre-Qual Link !! Cause at least with Cap 1 They're gonna say " We couldnt find an offer for you" BUT "We Recommend These" ....... Barclay's & B.O.A..... They Don't.... Instead They Lead one to believe they have been Pre-Approved for the card being displayed which the un-trained eye might fall for and apply then waste an Inquiry thinking they were really pre-approved!! I was just making those who were Not as Credit App Savvy Aware of this little detail before they Go Skinny Dipping !! Lol

Message 3 of 108
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

No no, it responds EXACTLY the same way as capital one...
Don't take away that congratulations is what we are trying to focus on... Does that indeed equal approval?!
Why would you focus on its a trick because it doesn't say NO but instead says "see these offers"

Don't take away from the site if the actual pre-approval message is a true pre-approval.

Hope that made sense typing on my cell but it seems we are saying ignore this whole thing as a lie because it gives confusion if not paying attention on the not pre approved screen but the fact is there are 2 different screens!
Message 4 of 108
Randy25

Honestly, When u look at it from that perspective Your Right & it Does make a whole lot of sense........ 2 different scenarios..... "Congrats" Or "Walk the plank" Lol
Message 5 of 108
brindle26
Regular Contributor

Thanks for this link. My wife just got instant approval. I'll be an AU, again.

Message 6 of 108
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Whenever I click on an Apply Now link, I get to a Failure page...lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 108
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Wait, now I'm confused. Is it a real preapproval or not?

Message 8 of 108
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

Wait, now I'm confused. Is it a real preapproval or not?

well it was for me. I got the Congratulations, you are prequalified message and after applying i was insantly approved.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 9 of 108
StartingLifeOver
Regular Contributor

I followed the link but I'm a little confused as to if I'm preapproved or not.  I have an "untrained eye", so what does this mean?

Based on your information, these products might interest you.

Recommended

Barclaycard Arrival
  • Earn 2x miles on travel and dining purchases*
  • 1x miles on all other purchases*
  • 0% intro APR for 12 months on purchases. After that, a variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%*
  • Earn up to 10,000 miles with qualifying spend*
  • Get 10% miles back when you redeem for travel*
  • Book any airline, any time or choose hotels cruises and more*

Additional products

Barclaycard Rewards
  • Earn 2 points per $1 spent on gas, groceries and utilities*
  • 1 point per dollar on all other purchases*
  • 0% intro APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers and Purchases. After that, a variable APR, currently 14.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%*
  • No Annual Fee*
  • Earn 5,000 bonus points with first use or balance transfer

Barclaycard Ring
  • Low 8% variable APR*
  • No Balance Transfer fees*
  • No Annual Fee*
  • Access to unique GivebackTM  program and online community*

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,100/FNBO Platinum $9.100/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $1000/Neiman Marcus $7000/Saks5thAve $2500

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

Message 10 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.