Randy25

Barclay's pre-approval link!

[ Edited ]

Here is The Link: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/ProactivePrescreenLanding.action

But.... there's a Catch....... They ask you for Your Info & the last of your SSN # then they ask which catagory u fall in after that they tell u which card you are Pre-Qualified for..

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Barclay's pre-approval link!

Randy25 wrote:

Here is The Link: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/ProactivePrescreenLanding.action

But.... there's a Catch....... They ask you for Your Info & the last of your SSN # then they ask which catagory u fall in after that they tell u which card you are Pre-Qualified for..

Why is that a catch? Capital One does too...

So from what I see so far: If you get "Congratulations.... on the next screen and go forward and apply, you are approved!

any other results after submitting the pre-screen is nothing.

True?

Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Randy25

No.... Its More or Less Like The Bank Of America Pre-Qual Link !! Cause at least with Cap 1 They're gonna say " We couldnt find an offer for you" BUT "We Recommend These" ....... Barclay's & B.O.A..... They Don't.... Instead They Lead one to believe they have been Pre-Approved for the card being displayed which the un-trained eye might fall for and apply then waste an Inquiry thinking they were really pre-approved!! I was just making those who were Not as Credit App Savvy Aware of this little detail before they Go Skinny Dipping !! Lol

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

No no, it responds EXACTLY the same way as capital one...
Don't take away that congratulations is what we are trying to focus on... Does that indeed equal approval?!
Why would you focus on its a trick because it doesn't say NO but instead says "see these offers"

Don't take away from the site if the actual pre-approval message is a true pre-approval.

Hope that made sense typing on my cell but it seems we are saying ignore this whole thing as a lie because it gives confusion if not paying attention on the not pre approved screen but the fact is there are 2 different screens!
Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Randy25

Honestly, When u look at it from that perspective Your Right & it Does make a whole lot of sense........ 2 different scenarios..... "Congrats" Or "Walk the plank" Lol
Regular Contributor
brindle26

[ Edited ]

Thanks for this link. My wife just got instant approval. I'll be an AU, again.

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

Whenever I click on an Apply Now link, I get to a Failure page...lol.

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
New Contributor
GatorGuy

Wait, now I'm confused. Is it a real preapproval or not?

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

GatorGuy wrote:

Wait, now I'm confused. Is it a real preapproval or not?

well it was for me. I got the Congratulations, you are prequalified message and after applying i was insantly approved.

Cards: (Citi x6) (Chase x5) (US Bank x3) (Amex x3) (Barclays x3) (BofA x3) (Cap1 x2) (WF x2) (Penfed x1) (Discover x1) (Sync/GE x4) (Macys x2)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).

Regular Contributor
StartingLifeOver

I followed the link but I'm a little confused as to if I'm preapproved or not.  I have an "untrained eye", so what does this mean?

Based on your information, these products might interest you.

Recommended

Barclaycard Arrival
  • Earn 2x miles on travel and dining purchases*
  • 1x miles on all other purchases*
  • 0% intro APR for 12 months on purchases. After that, a variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%*
  • Earn up to 10,000 miles with qualifying spend*
  • Get 10% miles back when you redeem for travel*
  • Book any airline, any time or choose hotels cruises and more*

Additional products

Barclaycard Rewards
  • Earn 2 points per $1 spent on gas, groceries and utilities*
  • 1 point per dollar on all other purchases*
  • 0% intro APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers and Purchases. After that, a variable APR, currently 14.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%*
  • No Annual Fee*
  • Earn 5,000 bonus points with first use or balance transfer

Barclaycard Ring
  • Low 8% variable APR*
  • No Balance Transfer fees*
  • No Annual Fee*
  • Access to unique GivebackTM  program and online community*

NFCU Cash Rewards: $14,000/FNBO Platinum: $4,600/Best Buy Cap 1: $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $600

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 :smileyhappy:
Current Score: TU 695 EQ FICO 698 EX 694
Goal Score: 720

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+