Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's pre-approval link!

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay's pre-approval link!

@jdw97702 wrote:
Just thought I would give my background. Just hit my 6-7 months of credit history since bk7. Been eyeballing this link and trying the pre approval for a while with no luck. A month back I got the congratulations .... for the cash back /average credit option.

Decided to pull the trigger today . Approved for cash rewards card with a 2k limit. Very happy guy right here!! Fico score is 646 as of today. Up from 505 in 8 months.

gratz on that new card , too bad pre approval doesn't have sallie mae option. I am looking at getting that card for a nice 5% amazon/gas card

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 71 of 108
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jdw97702 wrote:
Just thought I would give my background. Just hit my 6-7 months of credit history since bk7. Been eyeballing this link and trying the pre approval for a while with no luck. A month back I got the congratulations .... for the cash back /average credit option.

Decided to pull the trigger today . Approved for cash rewards card with a 2k limit. Very happy guy right here!! Fico score is 646 as of today. Up from 505 in 8 months.

gratz on that new card , too bad pre approval doesn't have sallie mae option. I am looking at getting that card for a nice 5% amazon/gas card

just apply its only a HP Smiley Happy

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 72 of 108
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

I get a message that I'm "pre-selected" for Ring, Rewards, and Arrival.

Does this mean they think I"m not "pre-selected" for Arrival+? Has anybody gotten a message for Arrival+ or do they group both into one?

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 73 of 108
professorr
Regular Contributor

couple days ago I tried the Barclays prequalify link listed here.  said i qualified for Rewards card.  so I tried it today and got a $2,000 limit on it.  I was surprised.  BK 9/2011 and 3 cards only a few months old at 90%.  (actual is 40% but not reflected yet due to payment just made)

Wondering if I would have qualified for a different card  (like apple pr priceline) if I tried one of those instead.

Does barclays doo increases if you called in immediately to an analyst? or is that another pull and they want you to wait.

again surprised.

Message 74 of 108
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Dess wrote:

Got a few suggestions about applying to Barclays to help rebuild. Gave this link a shot and got this message

We appreciate your interest in the Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with an immediate decision on the application you just submitted.
Your application requires further review, which can take up to 10 days.

We will notify you in writing in no more than 30 days (and often sooner) about the status of your application.

You can also visit our website to check the status at myapplicationstatus.com 

Click HOME to return to the Barclaycard Homepage

Guess I'll see in 10 business days. My TU Fico is 661 (MYFICO)  quite a few inquiries (0 in the last 6 months) all collections paid, all usage under 50% except 1 card. If they say no I will pay off my card and try again at the end of summer. Smiley Happy 

UPDATE: got an e-mail to check the status and the message said: 

Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.

Definitely need to get my 1 balance under 20% and will give it a shot again. I guess I simply need to be patient.... Smiley Frustrated

I got the same mesage when I apped for Barclay Reward card on 11/13, and then next morning, I get an email saying "congratulation u have beeen approved"

started at 1500, earliar this month received an auto cli of 900Smiley Happy

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 75 of 108
somotao
Frequent Contributor

@professorr wrote:

couple days ago I tried the Barclays prequalify link listed here.  said i qualified for Rewards card.  so I tried it today and got a $2,000 limit on it.  I was surprised.  BK 9/2011 and 3 cards only a few months old at 90%.  (actual is 40% but not reflected yet due to payment just made)

Wondering if I would have qualified for a different card  (like apple pr priceline) if I tried one of those instead.

Does barclays doo increases if you called in immediately to an analyst? or is that another pull and they want you to wait.

again surprised.

I believe you would have qualified for the apple card, that is the easiest barclays producto to qualifiy for, especially with a BK. 

I think you should call Barclays and do a recon on your Credit Limit....some people have been very successful in having it increased, Hopefully they can use the credit report from the application and not cause you another Hard Pull.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 76 of 108
professorr
Regular Contributor

I believe they ALWAYS pull another report when asking for a higher limit;  not for sure though.

Message 77 of 108
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Well, I went for it.  Did this link and got the congratulations, you've been pre-selected for the rewards card.  Went ahead and did the app, hoped for the best, expected the worst.  I got approved! $1300 CL, which, sadly, makes this my highest CL.

Since i've seen that they are inquiry sensitive, I figured I wouldn't get approved because I have 22 inquiries on my report.  I'm back in the garden now.  Any chance of getting a CLI if I call in tomorrow, or should I not push my luck?  I don't need the credit, I'm just trying to increase my available credit, so it's not a big deal.  

Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 78 of 108
kawaiiguy
Established Member

Yeah they are a lil more sneaky than Cap1 when giving you the results. I just tried it out, and that is correct, if you get a congrats at the top and a accept button then you are pre-approved for that card. If not then you just get a list of recommendations. Check out the screen shots below to spot the difference. Note the disclosure at the bottom of the real pre-approval... there is no disclosure at the bottom of the recommendation page since they are not making offers based on your credit profile.

Untitled.png

congrats.png

Message 79 of 108
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Well I don't get the prequalify or congratulation. I only get recommended. So I will sit and wait. I have been denied by barclay back in April. I will wait and hopefully during the holidays I can be approved for the barclay apple card.

Message 80 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.