tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay's "LUV" Button

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WoW  while I was thinking about calling backdoor number to explain why I need CLI on my travelocity amex,

Barclay credit analyst just called me one minute ago to inform me that my request for CLI from 1000 to 3000 is approved.

Only one question was asked: "Can you verify your date of birth?". Smiley Very Happy I was preparing to explain about

booking a flight/hotel for 4 friends and cost is around $2900 but I think I don't have to right now.

And most important thing: NO HARD PULL. I think I love barclay more and more. Smiley Happy

Many people have reported that after a day the hard pull will appear. 

This is request during 30 days from card approval and I heard that they used the same pull. I'm not worried too much about another pull on TU anyway unlike EX which is in coma and need to be freezed for another year or two.

Then you should have initially pointed this fact out instead of misleading people to think they can ordinarily get a CLI with no hard pull.

You can bet that under normal circumstances Barclay is a hard pull for customer initiated CLI. Only time its soft is if its auto CLI.

Reason why I started the thread was because of the freeze variable lol Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just in happy mode and I don't intend to mislead people to assume every CLI will be without hard pull.

Message 12 of 15
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I requested a CLI from Barclays last month (I have 2 accts, a Spirit air - now Platinum MC, and a US airways MC). I was declined for Spirit (reason - you have adequate avail credit on other accounts or something like that) with no hard pull. I went ahead and applied for a CLI for US Airways, and got the same denial letter (AND they pulled a hard). Accounts have been open 2+ yrs. I use them for recurring charges, XM radio, Onstaar, etc) and PIF each month. Both have 2K limits. Today I went online to pay the bill and they raised the US Air limit to 3200. No CLI for the Platinum MC though). 

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 13 of 15
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Here is a follow up, and just to summarize,

My reports are frozen, I hit the luv button, got the 10 day letter comming note.

Today recieved the letter, approved for $2000 CLI, and it was a soft pull.

I called and spoke with a nice rep for clarification. He said if your reports are frozen they can pull either hard or soft. It falls under the clause in the law of having an existing relationship with the lender.

I asked what determined soft or hard and he said the system determines it, and could not be more specific.

End of experiment Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

how much is your CL before getting $2000 increase? 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.