Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's recon SUCCESS!!

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Barclay's recon SUCCESS!!

As some of you may have heard or haven't, I was pretty peeved when Barclay's denied me solely because on a few inquiries, even after a recon, with no baddies anywhere to be found on my report. Then I saw people on here getting approved with tons of inquiries and even baddies so I decided to try the backdoor number again just for the hell of it....APPROVED! Smiley Surprised

The guy I spoke with was super friendly, asked me some questions about my job, my school, etc. and let me explain why I had the inquiries and such, put me on hold for a few minutes and approved me for my Indianapolis Colts NFL Card! Smiley Very Happy 

CL is only $500, but I'm thankful for just that given the fact that I do have a fair number of inquiries. He said that after I show a some solid payment history, they will look and see if they can get my limit raised. Smiley Happy

I'm worried about them closing the account, though, when my new cards all hit. I have a Citi card, Zync, BoA and Walmart all opened recently and expecting to hit very soon. I plan to use their card very conservatively, only charging a few bucks here and there to prove I'm not out to max out their card and walk away. What say you? Do you think they'll flip a s*** when all my new accounts hit, or leave it be as long as I'm not spending up a storm?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay's recon SUCCESS!!

@FloridaState12 wrote:

As some of you may have heard or haven't, I was pretty peeved when Barclay's denied me solely because on a few inquiries, even after a recon, with no baddies anywhere to be found on my report. Then I saw people on here getting approved with tons of inquiries and even baddies so I decided to try the backdoor number again just for the hell of it....APPROVED! Smiley Surprised

The guy I spoke with was super friendly, asked me some questions about my job, my school, etc. and let me explain why I had the inquiries and such, put me on hold for a few minutes and approved me for my Indianapolis Colts NFL Card! Smiley Very Happy 

CL is only $500, but I'm thankful for just that given the fact that I do have a fair number of inquiries. He said that after I show a some solid payment history, they will look and see if they can get my limit raised. Smiley Happy

I'm worried about them closing the account, though, when my new cards all hit. I have a Citi card, Zync, BoA and Walmart all opened recently and expecting to hit very soon. I plan to use their card very conservatively, only charging a few bucks here and there to prove I'm not out to max out their card and walk away. What say you? Do you think they'll flip a s*** when all my new accounts hit, or leave it be as long as I'm not spending up a storm?

I would have denied you based on your card choice Smiley Very Happy

I kid, I kid Smiley Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Now I feel more comfortable applying for one of the Barclay cards and be approved Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

haha, well we're gonna get Andrew Luck so all the losing is worth it!  Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 4 of 14
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

hey congrats!!!!!

I want the bears card.....paid down all my cc....about 30% balance left on them ...all have a balance of about 300 ......3 of them....had a BK in 2005....about 8 inquires...they denied me...I guess I will have to wait till my score gets higher...they said it was 675.....

I hope I can get one soon...

Message 5 of 14
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! Now I feel more comfortable applying for one of the Barclay cards and be approved Smiley Happy

Thanks! And if you don't get approved, call for a recon. Both times I called the rep was very friendly and personable (i.e. not reading from a script, but genuinely listening to me). The first one couldn't get me approved, but the second guy did. I had a really good feeling the way we were talking that he would approve; we were having an actual conversation at one point, beyond just small talk and stuff, about my school and major and all that. 

So if you don't get approved, try try try again!

Photobucket
Message 6 of 14
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

hey congrats!!!!!

I want the bears card.....paid down all my cc....about 30% balance left on them ...all have a balance of about 300 ......3 of them....had a BK in 2005....about 8 inquires...they denied me...I guess I will have to wait till my score gets higher...they said it was 675.....

I hope I can get one soon...

Daaaa bears. (sorry I had to) Smiley Very Happy

Did you call for a recon? If not, I would definitely suggest it! And if you don't get it, call again. A lot of times it just depends on the person you get. They're not just customer service robots when you call the backdoor; they actually talk to you like you're a real person. 

I called the 866-408-4064 number both times. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 7 of 14
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Jesus, every day I read about a Barclay recon success. I genuinely think I have a shot at this card. However stupid TU won't update my deleted GW!!!!!!

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 8 of 14
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Jesus, every day I read about a Barclay recon success. I genuinely think I have a shot at this card. However stupid TU won't update my deleted GW!!!!!!

Haha I know! All the recon stories were getting me more and more angry that my recon didn't work. I mean, I was happy for those who were able to get another chance, but infuriated that they had baddies and whatnot and were still getting approved. Second time was the charm, apparently! 

Like I said, though, I am kind of worried they may freak out when all of my new accounts start reporting. I mean, with this card, I've opened 5 new CC's in the last month. Smiley Surprised Hopefully they won't overreact as long as I don't make a ton of charges.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Miami Dolphins will be getting Andrew Luck!

I wouldn't worry too much about Barclay's being spooked over your mini app spree! Just baby the card for half a year and their team of credit ninjas will leave you alone! Smiley Wink 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.