Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's reopening credit line?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay's reopening credit line?

I open a credit card or credit line with Barclay to buy an IPad back in February 2012, two months later I called for a CLI, but instead they closed my account due to too many inquiries. I paid the IPad within 6 months ( the offer was 6 months no interest). So, my question is, has anyone had any success with Barclay reopening a credit line?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay's reopening credit line?

I am fairly sure that they will not reopen. You will need to apply for another account.

If it was within 60 days, they might reopen for you but I think too much time has passed.

Call the backdoor number, the reps are great to deal with! All you can do is try, right!

Good luck, let us know what happens for you.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool thanks.

Message 3 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Did you rack up a bunch of other debt when you got their card?
S**t, They better not AA me!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I was shopping for a car and the dealerships ran the hell out my credit, so when Barclay saw it they closed my account.

Message 5 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Omg... That's so scary!! It sucks how OCD we have to be about our credit these days. I bet you could get re-approved for one IF you wanted.Call the backdoor num like Ray suggested if you even care at this point... It's the num w the last four of 0464, I think. As for reinstatement with an explanatiom ready to spill. Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.