cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's reporting new account on CR 3 days after approval!

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Re: Barclay's reporting new account on CR 3 days after approval!

@enharu I was under the impression they just gave you a 400 Statement credit if you had a travel purchase for 400 or more
fico 747
Message 11 of 50
enharu
Super Contributor

@MazdaSpeed wrote:
@enharu I was under the impression they just gave you a 400 Statement credit if you had a travel purchase for 400 or more

i might be mistaken, but based upon what the CSR told me and mpx said on the forums, this is what i interpreted it as.

if I had a travel expense for <$400, I can redeem it with my 40k miles. However I can't do partial redemption, is what they say. So basically I need to have all the miles to cover that 1 charge I am trying to get statement credit for.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 50
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

I just called, they told me 2500 points equals 25 dollars as long as its statement credit toward a travel purchase and it doesn't have to be the entire purchase, so when you pay 800 for your hotel, you'll just have to call in and they'll give you a 400 dollar statement credit, (once you have the bonus points which can take up to 60 days after you you spend the 1000 dollars)
fico 747
Message 13 of 50
enharu
Super Contributor

ah i see.

can i use the points for a charge from the most current statement only, or can i use it for a charge 2-3 statements back?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 50
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

I'm no expert and don't feel like calling again, but I would assume it has to be the most recent one, I think I know where you are going with that, but I don't think you'll be able to get the 400 dollar credit off the original 1000 you spend, I would assume it would have to be a newer statement
fico 747
Message 15 of 50
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

I checked my report free yearly report today from ex, I was approved yesterday, and its already on it!

My other 5 cards that I applied for are not yet on there from weeks ago
fico 747
Message 16 of 50
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Mine reported the same day and I got the EQ alert the next day, they are very quick to report. Just got my card today, you get yours yet?

Message 17 of 50
enharu
Super Contributor

nope i haven't received my card yet. It hasn't been reported onto my EX and TU, but my monitoring services might be slow.

I received the US Bank cardholder agreement, but there's no card in it.....I thought I got denied when I couldn't feel the card inside the envelope lol.

I called them and apparently they mail it out separately. Kinda weird but meh.

By the way, I just noticed I got an insurance payment coming up. It's about 1.5k. If I am to put this charge on my Barclays as my 1st and only charge on the card for the next 2-3 months, will it increase my chances of getting AA? I don't plan to use this card for anything else right now, unless I find some use for it later that I can't think of right now. 

Do Barclays like / hate when customers leave balances on the card? I was planning to pay this in full over 2-3 months just so it can report some balances, but if leaving balances increases chances of AA, then I'll not do it.

Message 18 of 50
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 19 of 50
enharu
Super Contributor

haha ok. sorry for being so paranoid. thanks a lot!

Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.