Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Barclay's

I got a Barclay's Rewards Mastercard in March 2013 with a limit of $950.  I called in July 2013 and told them I was considering closing my account and they asked why, I said the low credit line (Not really low in comparison with other lines at that time).  I had attempted to get another card (LL Bean) from them earlier in July and that was denied.  The representative asked if I wanted to try for a credit line increase, I asked if that would be a HP or SP, she said a SP.  She asked how much I wanted my total credit line to be, I said $1,500 (was being conservative with $550 increase).  I was approved for a credit line of $1,500 and they indeed used a SP or the HP they had done earlier in July because I did not have a second HP from them.  Fast forward to November 2013, I called and they offered to upgrade to the Barclays Arrival card (No credit line increase).  I accepted offer.  I logged into account today and bam, a new credit line of $2,700 (Increase of $1,200).  I opened up about 10 cards after I originally got the Barclay's card in March 2013 with no adverse action from them.  I charge each month and PIF each month.  Every now and then, I'll do a balance transfer so they make a little interest off of me and PIF.  It has worked thus far Smiley Wink

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay's

Glad this method has worked out for you OP and congrats on the upgrade.

Message 2 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FinStar,

Thanks.  You all on this Board have been instrumental in helping me to rebuild.  Keep coming with the great advice!

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

@coldnmn,

Thanks, I'm trying to garden myself.  I'm a credit addict Smiley LOL  I've been clean for two months (Last app Oct 13).  Withdrawal is hard!

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 11
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

Grats dude! Smiley Happy Keep kickin' butt!

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 6 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

@DaylightSlaving,

Thanks.  Got more welcome news.  Just logged into TJX (GEMB) and credit line increased from $400 to $1,000.  One more month to go and Walmart Discover should ge going up too.  Have to update ziggy again!

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 11
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Nice work - congrats!

Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@DaylightSlaving,

Thanks.  Got more welcome news.  Just logged into TJX (GEMB) and credit line increased from $400 to $1,000.  One more month to go and Walmart Discover should ge going up too.  Have to update ziggy again!

Looks like the new year has started on the right foot thus far...Nice!

Message 9 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined,

Thanks.  Ahhh it's the little things that count so much when you rebuilding Smiley Surprised

___________ 12Njoy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.