cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay slashed my credit line in half! - RESOLVED

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay slashed my credit line in half!

Those accts of mine that were CLD'd have been PIF"d....except one and that's going to be PIF soon enough.  I'm moving my direct deposits and everything else out of Us Bank and to my CU.  So all of them have lost my business and  are not making any money off of me in the form interest.   What they did has not hurt me in the slightest.

I've no need for more credit, no more autos or harleys, maybe a house in a year or two, but I have not been negatively affected by the CLD's.

So  yeah, the jokes on them. 

And credit isn't nearly as 'serious' as racing motorcycles at 190mph, inches apart....now that's serious business. Smiley Mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglLi6nZnZU

Message 21 of 41
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@altayar wrote:

I was surprised they would take this action given none of cards is maxed out .

You don't have to max a card to trigger AA.

Message 22 of 41
bigbang91
Established Contributor

I'm scared now lol, would 3 new cards,including the Barclay opened within 2 weeks alarm them and make them want to cut my CLI? Although,i understand Barclay as a foreign bank,if you default it would make it harder for them to take back the money than other Us Banks. So many cards with balances,high util of Op does seem alarming to them.

Message 23 of 41
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

We're getting away from the OP's problem.  I have to say I agree with some of your positions.   Always heard Barclays would CLD you or close your acct if you applied for some other CC within a period of time....you're right I say screw anybody who tries to tell me who I can do business with but that's my personal view.   But you can't get pissed at lenders who are looking out for their interests.  Seems like you have had a beef with several major lenders, Chase, Discover, and US Bank,  and that's your right......I just prefer not to piss so many major players off and would not recommend anybody do it.  The "measley 32K" you gave up is more than the CL's a lot of posters have.     As far as racing motorcycles......what does that have to do with credit which is what this board is about.  

To the OP hang in there.

Message 24 of 41
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Banks also look at your income versus your outstanding borrowing, so not sure what your income is, but it may have triggered a red flag for them that you may run into an issue and the bank is trying to minimize risk on their end.

Message 25 of 41
racer-x
Valued Contributor

I was pointing out that racing motorcycles is way more serious than a CLD, in jest of course.

I'm not pissed at the creditors that CLD'd me.  I completely understand what they did.  BoA had the courtesy to call me and talk to me about the ramped up credit usage, and they left my accounts alone. Props to them.  The others want to take AA against me without knowing the particulars...???, that's fine too....I'll just stop using them and I'll move right along.  I'm taking my ball and going home. Smiley Happy

BTW, the accts that CLD'd me except for US Bank, were PIF'd 21/24 months that I had the accts.  Ran balances at 30% for 3 months and it spooked them.

Message 26 of 41
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Screw them if they can't take a joke is an expression, maybe it's just a southern thing.. I can't see how it could be read as a literal expression but I guess it could (obviously by the outrage it created) .

Wasn't lost on me racer lol

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 27 of 41
taxi818
Super Contributor

I understood perfectly. 

Message 28 of 41
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Well, go figure. I called them up and it turned out that a department called 'portfolio review deparment' that did the reduction. I talked to them and they asked me a few questions like - where do you work and what is your income? Why has your debt increased so much since opening the account? I answered and they were able to restore my line to the initial amount!

YAY!

Current Cards:
Message 29 of 41
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

whew.....congratulations.....glad it was that easy to fix

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.