cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BarclayCard Financing Visa-----Recon, and then APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BarclayCard Financing Visa-----Recon, and then APPROVED!

Applied about 3 weeks ago for the Barclaycard Financing Visa for Apple, and was denied immediately online. Called for a recon on the following Monday, and was denied again. From there, I decided not to push any harder due to all of the recent inq's on my file and garden for a while. So, today, I got anxious and decided to call Barclays again and ask for a reconsideration again. Talked to the guy for about 4 minutes total, explained what all of my inquiries were for, and BAM! Approved with a starting CL of $1500! This may seem small to most people, but this is my first prime-ish card, and my highest CL to date.

So Excited!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: BarclayCard Financing Visa-----Recon, and then APPROVED!

Congrats !!

Persistence pays. They most likely pulled TU.

Do you know your score?

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did pull TU. From everything I've seen recently, ~675, up from 619 in Feb when I turned 21 and was finally able to start getting credit.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied about 3 weeks ago for the Barclaycard Financing Visa for Apple, and was denied immediately online. Called for a recon on the following Monday, and was denied again. From there, I decided not to push any harder due to all of the recent inq's on my file and garden for a while. So, today, I got anxious and decided to call Barclays again and ask for a reconsideration again. Talked to the guy for about 4 minutes total, explained what all of my inquiries were for, and BAM! Approved with a starting CL of $1500! This may seem small to most people, but this is my first prime-ish card, and my highest CL to date.

So Excited!!!

Congratulations!!! If you don't mind me asking what did you tell them the inquires were for?

Message 4 of 17
Smug
Established Contributor

I had 18 inq when I apped got 5k
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's a lot...I currently have 2 inquiries on my TU report, one is for cell phone service started in feb and one in the past week for furniture financied at 0% interest for 12 months 

Do you think I would be approved for a Barclays card with my current score and having a satisfied judgement that will fall off 08/12?

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say probably yes, I'm pretty young so my personal income isnt that large though i'm also a full time student, and my TU score was 675-ish and a lot of inq's (15+)

Message 7 of 17
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So Excited!!!

Congratulations!!! If you don't mind me asking what did you tell them the inquires were for?

I'm intereested in this too...any advice to future recon-ers? Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I told them that I was in the market for a new macbook, which may be true, I haven't decided yet. I also explained why I had all of the inquiries on my file, once they understood, then they were ok with extending me a line of credit. I think that banks don't like seeing tons of inquiries because they see it as someone trying to get quick access to money for an emergency situation.

Message 9 of 17
Smug
Established Contributor

They will match your largest TL
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.