cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BarclayCard Financing Visa-----Recon, and then APPROVED!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: BarclayCard Financing Visa-----Recon, and then APPROVED!

@Smug wrote:
They will match your largest TL

Are you sure?

Message 11 of 17
Smug
Established Contributor

Happened to 4 so far, you need to call right after you are approved
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 12 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied about 3 weeks ago for the Barclaycard Financing Visa for Apple, and was denied immediately online. Called for a recon on the following Monday, and was denied again. From there, I decided not to push any harder due to all of the recent inq's on my file and garden for a while. So, today, I got anxious and decided to call Barclays again and ask for a reconsideration again. Talked to the guy for about 4 minutes total, explained what all of my inquiries were for, and BAM! Approved with a starting CL of $1500! This may seem small to most people, but this is my first prime-ish card, and my highest CL to date.

So Excited!!!

HEY! Eyes on your own paper! Smiley Happy

Your story matches mine in its entirety. I had to recon - and when I did, I finally got someone on the phone who took the time to listen and understand what he was seeing on the credit report...was approved for $1,300 and the card has already arrived. This is my highest CL, so no recon on the limit for me! I'll let this baby age and watch it grow along with my credit score.

Is this really a prime-ish card? Where does it stand as compared to, say, Discover?

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 13 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

@Smug wrote:
Happened to 4 so far, you need to call right after you are approved

Did you apply for this card? How did it go?

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was prime-ish...they're tougher on approvals than cap1 thats for sure, and they give decent CLs and theyre partnered with apple for financing, so i automatically thought of them as prime, or closer at least

Now that I have this card I'm just going to sit back for a while and let my cards age a bit. My AAOA went from 3 years to probably 8 months, so i need to let these age a bit

Message 15 of 17
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I told them that I was in the market for a new macbook, which may be true, I haven't decided yet. I also explained why I had all of the inquiries on my file, once they understood, then they were ok with extending me a line of credit. I think that banks don't like seeing tons of inquiries because they see it as someone trying to get quick access to money for an emergency situation.

Thanks, maybe I'll try that if I get denied in the future. 

Whenever my Walmart card arrives, I'm going to call and request a CLI for a similar reason...wanting to buy a new TV, which isn't entirely a lie, because I AM entertaining the idea. Smiley Wink

Photobucket
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I told them that I was in the market for a new macbook, which may be true, I haven't decided yet. I also explained why I had all of the inquiries on my file, once they understood, then they were ok with extending me a line of credit. I think that banks don't like seeing tons of inquiries because they see it as someone trying to get quick access to money for an emergency situation.

Thanks, maybe I'll try that if I get denied in the future. 

Whenever my Walmart card arrives, I'm going to call and request a CLI for a similar reason...wanting to buy a new TV, which isn't entirely a lie, because I AM entertaining the idea. Smiley Wink

I tried that, since I just opened a GEMB Walmart about 3 weeks ago...I told them I wanted to make a large purchase and would like to put it on my Walmart Card, so they said hold on, made me wait for 45 seconds, and she comes back on and says no. Good luck on that though, if you find any luck, let me know what you did.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.