Did you mean: 

BarclayCard MC Rewards thoughts?

tag
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: BarclayCard MC Rewards thoughts?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@maksimfa wrote:

It is a great starter card, and even as you grow.  The BEST part about it... gets you in with Barclays, and their 2% category is very loose... such as utilities.  The only card as far as I know that does.

I have a few forums that I own, and they count web hosting as utilities.  Same with cell phones, etc.

Barclays Rewards boost is also good.

They are very good bank to have in your pocket.

Right, but with the 2% on everything cards, having loose 2% categories isn't that useful

True, but the underwriting on the 2% on everything cards in stricter and Barclay Rewards MC is a great starter card to build to the better cards (that's what I'm doing; I hope to apply for Double Cash early next year). Plus you get a free FICO.

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Arrival Plus is an awesome 2 miles per $ on everything any time card. And with redemption, you get 10% back, making it 2.2 miles per $. 

Personally I find that to be a no-brainer.

I've also heard that Barclays will sometimes be jealous if you acquire other cards, which, in my case, I most certainly have, but I feel that as long as I keep using it, they won't have any reason to close it.

Message 12 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Arrival Plus is an awesome 2 miles per $ on everything any time card. And with redemption, you get 10% back, making it 2.2 miles per $. 

Personally I find that to be a no-brainer.

I've also heard that Barclays will sometimes be jealous if you acquire other cards, which, in my case, I most certainly have, but I feel that as long as I keep using it, they won't have any reason to close it.

For the first year, with AF waived and the bonus, yes.  Otherwise, after the first year, you need to spend over $40K a year to make it superior to the free 2% (Fid Amex and now Citi Double Cash)

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.