Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BarclayCard... Should we break up?

tag
JoMellow
Established Contributor

BarclayCard... Should we break up?

I currently have the BarclayCard Financing (Apple) Visa and the PriceLine Rewards Visa. I called customer service to inquire about PC to the Ring or World MasterCard – they said to get either of those cards I would have to apply (I'm Gardening til 2015) for them. Otherwise they offered to let me switch to either the iTunes Reward card or the Barclay Rewards Card. Otherwise I could just leave it alone, app for the Ring or WMC next June and have the limits transferred or SD them cause their interest fee makes them not worth using.

Would either card change be worth it? 

Original Scores: EQ FICO 645, TU 672, EX FICO 663 (4/2014)
Current Scores: EQ FICO 824, TU 840, EX FICO 826 (3/2018)
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: BarclayCard... Should we break up?

the rewards wouldbe 2x on gas groceries and utilities

Message 2 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I would go with the rewards.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 23
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

If your priceline has the 2x on everything, then that is pure gold. 2x plus VISA is really really nice these days.

Otherwise, just apply for a Sallie Mae when you are ready to apply for more cards.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 23
JoMellow
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the input; I'm not sure which way to proceed..the PriceLine Visa isn't in play for the PC.
Message 5 of 23
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Ring card is a low APR and low fee card. Typically with these type of cards no PC is allowed. AMEX used to have Clear, which is a low fee card, and AMEX doesn't allow one to PC into Clear.

Message 6 of 23
GooseGirl
Contributor

You already have the PriceLine Rewards Visa, right? It is one of the cards you are trying to determine if you should SD or close? What is the reward structure on that PriceLine Rewards Visa card?

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 7 of 23
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@JoMellow wrote:
Thanks for all the input; I'm not sure which way to proceed..the PriceLine Visa isn't in play for the PC.

Why do you want to pc the Priceline card if you have 2% on everything and 5% on Priceline? Looks like a decent card to me?  You will hardly get more than 2% on everything on any other card. The Arrival + with AF has also 2% on everything. Sallie Mae would have some 5% categories.

Message 8 of 23
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@GooseGirl wrote:

You already have the PriceLine Rewards Visa, right? It is one of the cards you are trying to determine if you should SD or close? What is the reward structure on that PriceLine Rewards Visa card?

I have the PriceLine Rewards Visa (and the Visa Apple Financing card which is the one I want to PC)  - the PriceLine card is 5 points for every $1 on Name Your Own Price purchases and 2 points for every $1 everywhere else... Pretty hard to beat since it is on everything. 

Message 9 of 23
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@JoMellow wrote:

Why do you want to pc the Priceline card if you have 2% on everything and 5% on Priceline? Looks like a decent card to me?  You will hardly get more than 2% on everything on any other card. The Arrival + with AF has also 2% on everything. Sallie Mae would have some 5% categories.

I'm keeping the PriceLine card - they wont PC it anyway - its really just the Apple Financing Visa card that I would like to PC - preferably I would like them to just transfer the CL to the PriceLine card (trying to have less cards to fuss with)

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.