Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BarclayCard... Should we break up?

tag
JoMellow
Established Contributor

Re: BarclayCard... Should we break up?

**UPDATE** The Barclays rep called me & PC'd my Apple Visa to the Rewards card with 1099 bonus points plus 2 pts on gas, groceries & utilities and 1 pt for each dollar on all other purchases, with no expiration date.
Original Scores: EQ FICO 645, TU 672, EX FICO 663 (4/2014)
Current Scores: EQ FICO 824, TU 840, EX FICO 826 (3/2018)
Message 11 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy Congrats NewGal !

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 12 of 23
JoMellow
Established Contributor

thanks Cold... +1 for allllll the help Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 23
StriveToProsper
Regular Contributor

@JoMellow wrote:
**UPDATE** The Barclays rep called me & PC'd my Apple Visa to the Rewards card with 1099 bonus points plus 2 pts on gas, groceries & utilities and 1 pt for each dollar on all other purchases, with no expiration date.

Congratulations! You were one of the lucky ones who were successful in a PC! 

Message 14 of 23
JoMellow
Established Contributor

Thanks STP...! I feel very fortunate that they allowed it; but I should mention I was told "no" twice on the phone & reached out via Facebook & they really went the extra mile.
Message 15 of 23
StriveToProsper
Regular Contributor

@JoMellow wrote:
Thanks STP...! I feel very fortunate that they allowed it; but I should mention I was told "no" twice on the phone & reached out via Facebook & they really went the extra mile.

It's too funny how they assure you via phone that the Apple Financing Visa can not be PCed. 

Message 16 of 23
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@StriveToProsper wrote:

@JoMellow wrote:

It's too funny how they assure you via phone that the Apple Financing Visa can not be PCed. 

Yes.. they assured me twice.. & the second time I wasn't very friendly to the CSR Smiley Sad  But I will give them kudo's for their social media customer service.. She was so professional and polite.  I feel good about keeping their cards now. 

Message 17 of 23
StriveToProsper
Regular Contributor

I wish I knew about their FB page PC approval prior to closing my Apple Financing card - oh well. 

Message 18 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@JoMellow wrote:

@StriveToProsper wrote:

@JoMellow wrote:

Yes.. they assured me twice.. & the second time I wasn't very friendly to the CSR Smiley Sad  But I will give them kudo's for their social media customer service.. She was so professional and polite.  I feel good about keeping their cards now. 

They are all looking for job security so they will go the extra mile. I believe that with all credit cards on Facebook.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 19 of 23
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@StriveToProsper wrote:

I wish I knew about their FB page PC approval prior to closing my Apple Financing card - oh well. 

Sorry about that STP.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm getting nowhere with Capital One & it looks more and more like I'll be closing both my accounts with them; even though I keep getting invites to get the VentureOne cards.  Hope you're having a good day, though!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.