Frequent Contributor

Barclaycard (Apple) Financing Visa Card Instant Online Approval

CL: $2390.00

I was expecting a decline.

Tonight, I also applied and was approved for a second Capital One card 

CL: $500.00

And, against my better judgement, I applied for a Dillard's card

Result: Dreaded 7-10 day message.

I may be blacklisted by Dillard's b/c I included them in my BK, even though it was an HSBC product at the time.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclaycard (Apple) Financing Visa Card Instant Online Approval

Memo: supposedly if you open a Barclay card and then open other lines, they will close your line... lots of chat about it lately.... but congrats on your approval, I don't think I have heard more than like 1 instant approval with them, it's always through backdoor that people get it open... also many have said they have called backdoor and got limit increased!

Message 2 of 17
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I know about barclays adverse action, but I really just applied for the hell of it.Smiley Tongue

I *really* didn't think I'd be approved, considering my previous attempt.

I applied for the Capital One first, b/c  it was a sure thing

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 3 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

Yeah, I know about barclays adverse action, but I really just applied for the hell of it.Smiley Tongue

I *really* didn't think I'd be approved.

LOL, sounds like me... I believe I got whipped with a belt earlier for applying!

Message 4 of 17
vish1
Valued Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

I *really* didn't think I'd be approved, considering my previous attempt.

I applied for the Capital One first, b/c  it was a sure thing

Just remember one thing, closed by issuer on CR looks neutral to FICO algorightms but sounds negative to anyone doing a manual review.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 17
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Now, I REALLY have nothing better to do on a Friday night...  decided to access my old Barclays account online which was closed back in Oct 2010.  1) Yes, I can still access the account  2) Yes, it's still closed  3) Yes, it says my next Due Date is 03/21/2011 and I can view my most recent statement 02/23/2011 showing a whopping $0 balance.

It was a good Comedy Central moment, but I thought closed means closed; shut-down; locked out; you can't access it anymore?!?  Just checked my credit report and Low-And-Behold, Date of Last Activity and Report:  02/2011.  I could've saved myself all that digging by using the Search feature in this forum or reading "Closing Credit Cards".  hee hee hee

Message 6 of 17
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

I ordered a 17-inch MacBook Pro @ $2499.00 + 162.44 tax = $2661.44 total

So, I maXXed out the barclaycard and had to use a 2nd CC to make the purchase.

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pazuzu wrote:

@I ordered a 17-inch MacBook Pro @ $2499.00 + 162.44 tax = $2661.44 total

So, I maXXed out the barclaycard and had to use a 2nd CC to make the purchase.

You should have called and request a higher limit. IMO, that's really bad for your score.

Message 8 of 17
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

Now, I REALLY have nothing better to do on a Friday night...  decided to access my old Barclays account online which was closed back in Oct 2010.  1) Yes, I can still access the account  2) Yes, it's still closed  3) Yes, it says my next Due Date is 03/21/2011 and I can view my most recent statement 02/23/2011 showing a whopping $0 balance.

It was a good Comedy Central moment, but I thought closed means closed; shut-down; locked out; you can't access it anymore?!?  Just checked my credit report and Low-And-Behold, Date of Last Activity and Report:  02/2011.  I could've saved myself all that digging by using the Search feature in this forum or reading "Closing Credit Cards".  hee hee hee

So which barclaycard did you have? And why was it closed?

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 9 of 17
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I had the Priceline "Shatner" Visa, but some of the other members actually had the Apple Finance card.  Mine was 2 months old when I purchased my end of lease vehicle, so there was only one hard inquiry made on my CR, which had nothing to do with revolving credit, but Barclays Credit Portfolio Unit soft inquired my TU report 4 times that month, then I routinely checked the account on a Saturday morning and it said "This account is closed".  They actually said because there's a new inquiry that appeared on my CR after they opened my account.  I was the first member to expose this Portfolio Credit Unit department to the forum and spread the word around town.

I did not have a balance, they actually owed me money because I charged about $80 but paid about $100 (don't remember the exact amount anymore) -- I often overpay my accounts just to say, "You Owe Me!".  But, it actually took about 3 months for them to refund my money.

During that time, Barclays Executive Office and Credit Portfolio department received a butt-kicking from the Delaware Banking Commisssioner's top Investigator, F.D.I.C., and myself.  Now, the Credit Analysts are warning people who call-in NOT to apply for any credit for about 6 months after approvals.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.