pazuzu

Barclaycard (Apple) Financing Visa Card Instant Online Approval

CL: $2390.00

I was expecting a decline.

Tonight, I also applied and was approved for a second Capital One card 

CL: $500.00

And, against my better judgement, I applied for a Dillard's card

Result: Dreaded 7-10 day message.

I may be blacklisted by Dillard's b/c I included them in my BK, even though it was an HSBC product at the time.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Barclaycard (Apple) Financing Visa Card Instant Online Approval

Memo: supposedly if you open a Barclay card and then open other lines, they will close your line... lots of chat about it lately.... but congrats on your approval, I don't think I have heard more than like 1 instant approval with them, it's always through backdoor that people get it open... also many have said they have called backdoor and got limit increased!

Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
pazuzu

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I know about barclays adverse action, but I really just applied for the hell of it.:smileytongue:

I *really* didn't think I'd be approved, considering my previous attempt.

I applied for the Capital One first, b/c  it was a sure thing

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

pazuzu wrote:

Yeah, I know about barclays adverse action, but I really just applied for the hell of it.:smileytongue:

I *really* didn't think I'd be approved.

LOL, sounds like me... I believe I got whipped with a belt earlier for applying!

Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
vish1

pazuzu wrote:

I *really* didn't think I'd be approved, considering my previous attempt.

I applied for the Capital One first, b/c  it was a sure thing

Just remember one thing, closed by issuer on CR looks neutral to FICO algorightms but sounds negative to anyone doing a manual review.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Established Contributor
JayRizzo

[ Edited ]

Now, I REALLY have nothing better to do on a Friday night...  decided to access my old Barclays account online which was closed back in Oct 2010.  1) Yes, I can still access the account  2) Yes, it's still closed  3) Yes, it says my next Due Date is 03/21/2011 and I can view my most recent statement 02/23/2011 showing a whopping $0 balance.

It was a good Comedy Central moment, but I thought closed means closed; shut-down; locked out; you can't access it anymore?!?  Just checked my credit report and Low-And-Behold, Date of Last Activity and Report:  02/2011.  I could've saved myself all that digging by using the Search feature in this forum or reading "Closing Credit Cards".  hee hee hee

Frequent Contributor
pazuzu

I ordered a 17-inch MacBook Pro @ $2499.00 + 162.44 tax = $2661.44 total

So, I maXXed out the barclaycard and had to use a 2nd CC to make the purchase.

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Contributor
x9j4j

pazuzu wrote:

I ordered a 17-inch MacBook Pro @ $2499.00 + 162.44 tax = $2661.44 total

So, I maXXed out the barclaycard and had to use a 2nd CC to make the purchase.

You should have called and request a higher limit. IMO, that's really bad for your score.

Frequent Contributor
pazuzu

JayRizzo wrote:

Now, I REALLY have nothing better to do on a Friday night...  decided to access my old Barclays account online which was closed back in Oct 2010.  1) Yes, I can still access the account  2) Yes, it's still closed  3) Yes, it says my next Due Date is 03/21/2011 and I can view my most recent statement 02/23/2011 showing a whopping $0 balance.

It was a good Comedy Central moment, but I thought closed means closed; shut-down; locked out; you can't access it anymore?!?  Just checked my credit report and Low-And-Behold, Date of Last Activity and Report:  02/2011.  I could've saved myself all that digging by using the Search feature in this forum or reading "Closing Credit Cards".  hee hee hee

So which barclaycard did you have? And why was it closed?

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Established Contributor
JayRizzo

[ Edited ]

I had the Priceline "Shatner" Visa, but some of the other members actually had the Apple Finance card.  Mine was 2 months old when I purchased my end of lease vehicle, so there was only one hard inquiry made on my CR, which had nothing to do with revolving credit, but Barclays Credit Portfolio Unit soft inquired my TU report 4 times that month, then I routinely checked the account on a Saturday morning and it said "This account is closed".  They actually said because there's a new inquiry that appeared on my CR after they opened my account.  I was the first member to expose this Portfolio Credit Unit department to the forum and spread the word around town.

I did not have a balance, they actually owed me money because I charged about $80 but paid about $100 (don't remember the exact amount anymore) -- I often overpay my accounts just to say, "You Owe Me!".  But, it actually took about 3 months for them to refund my money.

During that time, Barclays Executive Office and Credit Portfolio department received a butt-kicking from the Delaware Banking Commisssioner's top Investigator, F.D.I.C., and myself.  Now, the Credit Analysts are warning people who call-in NOT to apply for any credit for about 6 months after approvals.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+