cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard (Apple Financing)

tag
rameses

Barclaycard (Apple Financing)

I want to apply for Apple Financing and just wondering if they do any hard-inquiries on credit? If they do a hard inquiry, I may not apply for it and save myself getting hit by few points and hard-inquiry report for 2 years.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard (Apple Financing)

@rameses wrote:

I want to apply for Apple Financing and just wondering if they do any hard-inquiries on credit? If they do a hard inquiry, I may not apply for it and save myself getting hit by few points and hard-inquiry report for 2 years.

Welcome to the forum 

Yes HP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 22
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it's a hard pull.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 3 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 22
rameses

Thank you all for your responses! I'll not be applying, saving myself some points Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 22
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

IMHO, instead of applying for the barclays card just apply for any 0% intro APR card as you can use it on more than just Apple products. I thought about doing the same myself.

Message 6 of 22
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

+1 apple card is only good when they offer 0% offers. Other than that it's a meh..card. Find a better card with an intro promo.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 22
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Well, there's a little mis-information in this thread and since I have the card, I thought I'd post and see if I can help.

1) It's a Visa card offered from Apple through Barclay's. You can use it to purchase anything, anytime, anywhere that accepts Visa.

2) The 0% apr is offered when you're going through checkout, at least, that's when I saw it. I've spoken to Barclay's a few times about it and they've volunteered it's a limited time offer but anytime I'm planning a large Apple purchase to call and they'll usually grant it. So, next time you want a new MacBook just call and ask, they'll usually do it.

3) This is a great card. When I got it my credit was high 500's and they extended me a $1200 credit line. I used it responsibly and in 18 months I've had 2 auto-cli's and my credit line is now $3900 with them. Thanks to this, a few days ago I go my first American Express card.

I wouldn't be afraid of the temporary loss of a few points on your Fico score. If you think it's a card you'll have some use for, do it. A couple of points here or there isn't going to change your life.
Message 8 of 22
gstq34
Contributor

Yes HP transunion.  They don't use so much the Fico but more body of report if you call backdoor.  0% offers on Apple stuff PLUS got BT checks in mail for 14 months at 0%.  Called for CLI so I could use BT checks, doubled CL.  Worth a HP IMO

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 22
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Oh ya, they give me those balance transfer checks all the time. It's a great added benefit.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.